Smithtech

• 219 posts
SITEMAP ISSUES
« on: September 27, 2021, 04:53:55 AM »
Hi Team,

I bought this All In One SEO Plugin over a month ago in order to improve site SEO ranking.
I had so many issues and questions that I have posted already. I would like to get more clarification for this particular site map issue. 
I don't seem to understand how this plugin generate sitemap. Because, instead of this plugin to help improve SEO, it seems to be doing the opposite.

Below text is what I see in the sitemap option of plugin.

HELP
(1) When frequency of refresh is set, sitemap will be regulary generated using osclass cron functions, therefore make sure you have set external cron job that manage cron!
(2) When allowed, also latest listings will be included in sitemap.
(3) Too many listings included in sitemap can break sitemap generation (too much server resources - exhausting). There should not be more than 1000 listings included in sitemap. You can set cron to refresh sitemap regardless osclass cron calling file: https://example.com/oc-content/plugins/all_in_one/cron.php Maximum number of items that can be added to sitemap is 10 000, even if you enter higher number, just 10 000 listings will be included. Maximum execution time on your server is 90 seconds. If generation of sitemap takes almost as long as is execution time, contact your hosting provider to increase Maximum execution time on your server, or lower number of items included to sitemap.

The numbers are a bit confusing. It is stated that maximum item in sitemap in plugin should be 1000 but I have more than 1000 items on site and some newer listings don't show on Google. Does that mean the rest of my listings will not show on Google? I also see 10 000 in there.

Since I installed plugin, sitemap doesn't update and I have more than 1000 ads. Have I reached the threshold? What exactly should I do?
I was using an SEO plugin from another developer and didn't get this site map issue. The referred plugin actually splits sitemap into pieces: Items sitemap, Locations sitemap, Categories sitemap, and the main sitemap which has a link to all these other sitemaps. This approach was quite very good because the sitemaps are split in pieces. I don't think I should be using the 2 plugins at the same time on site. What I do now is, if I want to generate sitemap, I have to go and activate that old plugin to be able to get full sitemap.
Do I have to continue like this or I can get assistance here with the all in one SEO plugin?

MB Themes

Re: SITEMAP ISSUES
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 02:16:11 PM »
@support
If you split sitemap into pieces, what is benefit? --> none, it is robot reading and robot does not care
There is hard limit of 10 000 as many people think they shared hosting can handle generating of sitemap with milions of listing, but it cannot.
You can set your limit up to 10000 and if you are reaching it, you can edite sitemap_generate.php and try to uplift limit to 20, 50, 100k and see if everything is ok.
Having listing on sitemap does not mean anything, you just tell google it is there in fastest possible way.

However, it does not mean google will show it.
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

Smithtech

• 219 posts
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 03:27:43 PM »
Great!

Your answer about shared hosting brought something to mind. I use cloud hosting and site can become inaccessible. I contacted the hosting provider and they ask me to upgrade to VPS or optimize code because there is a limit on the hosting plan that the account can have only 25 simultaneous processes to maintain performance. They said my account has been hitting the limit and they sent me recent processes which were over 50 most coming from Cpanel access. I will not be able to upgrade to a VPS hosting right now as site is not generating revenues yet. I moved from normal shared hosting to cloud hosting.
Do you have any advice?

MB Themes

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2021, 03:44:35 PM »
@support
it would be great to know from which part of code you are reaching those limits. I never had problems with limits at all.
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

Smithtech

• 219 posts
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2021, 02:26:13 AM »
Log shared by hosting provider looks like this. shopping

• Last 50 logged hits:

`---> (user) cpaneld - serving IP Address. eg 178.70.10.211
`---> (user) cpaneld - serving IP Address. eg 178.70.102.150
`---> (user) cpaneld - serving IP Address. eg 178.70.102.153
`---> (user) cpaneld - serving IP Address. eg 178.62.122.133
`---> (user) cpaneld - serving IP Address. eg 178.70.122.133
`---> (user) cpaneld - serving IP Address. eg 178.70.122.153
`---> (user) cpaneld - serving IP ………….
`---> (user) cpaneld - serving IP….
`---> (user) cpaneld - serving IP………………
`---> (user) cpaneld - serving IP………….
`---> (user) cpaneld - serving IP……………
`---> (user) cpaneld - serving IP……………..
`---> (user) cpaneld - serving IP…………
`---> (user) cpaneld - serving IP…………….
`---> (user) cpaneld - serving IP…………….
`---> (user) cpaneld - serving IP…………..
`---> (user) cpaneld - serving IP…………..
`---> (user) cpaneld - serving IP………………

MB Themes

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2021, 01:06:33 PM »
@support
Not quite much informations, but you may try to block following IPs via htaccess files, maybe those are some spam bots
Code: [Select]