webcity

• 212 posts
Report this listing
« on: April 07, 2019, 06:05:31 AM »
Hi,

I've just purchased the alpha theme - Great Theme!

Is it possible to add the "Report this Listing" option? It seems to be missing on the theme or am I missing installing a plugin?

Many thanks

MB Themes

Re: Report this listing
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 01:30:41 PM »
@webcity
It's archaic element, noone exept spam bots is using it
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

piter

• 104 posts
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 10:55:53 AM »
Yesterday I realised same and wanted to ask listing reporting feature.

Maybe its not archaic. But it depends on the scale. If you have 100's visits per day and only a few new ads daily dont expect this to  be used.
But if you have 1000's visits a day with 100's new ads daily there alway will be something not right and someone will always be bothered to report.
I think it should be implemented in simplest possibly way.

Just the link 'Report this listing' with small modal window on which a few reasons for reporting would appear. Then when choosing the right reason user should see 'Thank you' message and automatic email should be sent to admins containing reported ad ID.

I have been using Patricia theme before and I do like how reporting option was implemented there (small megaphone icon with the drop down list on mouse hover).

Adi

• 28 posts
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 05:01:00 PM »
@webcity
It's archaic element, noone exept spam bots is using it

This is still used by any major site including olx for instance because it much easy to check a few reports instead of all. For instance, many put a low price and then advertise in the description a bigger price and we can report such practice which influence the search results? In my country this is used in all classifieds/auction sites like olx.ro or lajumate.ro  or okazii.ro

Demark

• 26 posts
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 06:11:20 AM »
Hi,

I've just purchased the alpha theme - Great Theme!

Is it possible to add the "Report this Listing" option? It seems to be missing on the theme or am I missing installing a plugin?

Many thanks
Its a much needed thing in classified site

MB Themes

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2021, 08:39:28 AM »
@Demark
You can copy it i.e. from Sigma or Bender theme.
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

Demark

• 26 posts
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2021, 10:51:52 AM »
@Demark
You can copy it i.e. from Sigma or Bender theme.
Ok, Thanks