Sparky

• 89 posts
Email Link
« on: April 21, 2024, 04:00:00 PM »
When an auction is won by a bidder, the winning bidder is sent a notification with the sellers email address. Can this be changed to send the seller a message or some way of hiding the email address from the winning bidder but still being able to notify the seller. Most people don't like there email address being vulnerable to other people. This could cause security issues for members, sending out there email address to others.

MB Themes

Re: Email Link
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2024, 05:48:43 PM »
Well auction is done at that time and seller should get in touch with buyer.
Isnt it as keyword in email?
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

Sparky

• 89 posts
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2024, 01:44:52 PM »
What files are these located in below, I need to take out the email link and change the wording:

You have won auction "Hand bag-Purse"! 20. Apr, 07:44
Congratulations! You've just won auction of item "Hand bag-Purse", you can get in touch with seller Kelly ([email protected]) and pay for item
---------------------------------------
Your auction "Hand bag-Purse" has finished 20. Apr, 07:44
Your item has been auctioned for $35.00 by Paul T. ([email protected]). Congratulations!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 01:51:13 PM by Sparky »

MB Themes

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2024, 10:29:56 AM »
Email template, as usual.
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

Sparky

• 89 posts
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2024, 10:57:45 PM »
Well I can not find it, and also there are new email templates being made with new auctions.. :-[
so i don't know why that is happening or which ones i need to keep  :-[

MB Themes

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2024, 07:42:46 AM »
Email template ID act_email_auction_won

Code: [Select]
Hi {USER_NAME}!

You won auction #{AUCTION_ID} of {ITEM_TITLE}, congratulations!

You can checkout and pay for item in your account: {ACCOUNT_LINK}

Thank you,
{WEB_TITLE}

Sparky

• 89 posts
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2024, 09:06:18 PM »
These are notifications flash messages below that are sent:  I want the system to still send it, just not with the email link showing. I would like to change my messages also, to something else.

Old message below

Congratulations! You've just won auction of item "Hand bag-Purse", you can get in touch with seller Kelly ([email protected]) and pay for item
Your item has been auctioned for $35.00 by Paul T. ([email protected]). Congratulations!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New messages:

Congratulations! You've just won the auction of this listing,  "Hand bag-Purse", you can get in touch with the seller Kelly, by sending them a message in our site.
----------------------------
Your item was auctioned for $35.00 , and won by Paul T. , Congratulations!

------------------------
I think i figured out why there are so many email templates, I have 7 of those Email template ID act_email_auction_won , listed in the email template section on my site, plus all the other extra ones that go with it. Every time you uninstall the plugin, it don't delete the templates made, but it makes new ones when you install the plugin again.

I can keep members more engaged in the site with sending a message in the site and also better security for the members that don't want there email address sent out, without there approval.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 09:17:33 PM by Sparky »

MB Themes

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2024, 10:05:53 PM »
Internal notifications can be changed via translation file or directly in plugin files

Sparky

• 89 posts
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2024, 02:24:25 PM »
when i take out the email link in these notification flash messages, it does not send any message at all. How can I do take them out and still send a message.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also I have to many email templates that were made testing out this auction plugin. When you uninstall the plugin it does not delete the email templates, and when you install it, it makes them again. How can i delete the ones I don't need.

MB Themes

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2024, 05:51:05 PM »
Hmm then you must manully drop it from database