This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. Press here if you would like to see it.

SIG

• 31 posts
How can I increase the limit of 50 regions to choose from in the search?

I found a topic here where there is an answer https://forums.osclasspoint.com/delta-osclass-theme/limiting-the-number-of-dropdown-list/
the problem is in the limit in the file ajax.php I found 50, changed it to 100, but nothing has changed.

// GET LOCATIONS FOR LOCATION PICKER VIA AJAX
if(@$_GET['ajaxLoc'] == '1' && @$_GET['term'] <> '') {
  $term = $_GET['term'];
  $max = 100;

After the change, the cache was cleared, the limit has not changed.
Where else can this limit be in order to change it, or is it necessary to turn it on somewhere in the panel?

MB Themes

File is ajax.php
Limit is there to avoid performance issues.
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

SIG

• 31 posts
File is ajax.php
Limit is there to avoid performance issues.
How can I increase the limit? up to 100 or 200.

MB Themes

In ajax.php
Another place is to look into theme model, but I do not think there will be limit
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

SIG

• 31 posts
In ajax.php
Another place is to look into theme model, but I do not think there will be limit
Could you show me where this place is in ajax.php ?

MB Themes

Line 18:
Code: [Select]
  $max = 50;

SIG

• 31 posts
Line 18:
Code: [Select]
  $max = 50;
That's right, the default value is $max = 50. if you change it, then the number of displayed regions/cities should change.
Please read my post again. 
I change the value from $max = 50 to $max = 100, but this does not increase the region limit. 
That's why I ask, where else can this limit be?

Can you change the value of $max = 50 to any other? Change it on the demo site and see if your changes will be saved?
I would like to make sure that indeed, the $max = 50 parameter works.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 12:00:44 PM by SIG »

MB Themes

There is no other limit as far as I could see.
Limit to 5 to see it in effect

SIG

• 31 posts
There is no other limit as far as I could see.
Limit to 5 to see it in effect
I prescribed 5 and 10.. 150 I tried to prescribe any number, the number of regions/cities does not change. As it was 50, so it remains 50 unchanged.
Maybe this is the wrong option ajax.php ? 
Path oc-content/themes/delta/ajax.php ?
Maybe there is some other ajax.php ?

MB Themes

oc-content/themes/delta/ajax.php
Limit is functional.
It only apply to cities.

SIG

• 31 posts
oc-content/themes/delta/ajax.php
Limit is functional.
It only apply to cities.

But it doesn't work for me.
You checked, you claim it works, and you checked??
And I checked, installed a clean Delta 1.3.5 theme on a clean osclass 8.0.1. Downloaded the location of England in Canada to increase the number of regions. Changed in the file ajax.php the value of $max = 50; by $max = 500;
And nothing, the number of regions in the search has not increased and there are 50 left. (screen)
I can give you access to the server and the panel, you can check and see for yourself.

I ask again how to increase the number of regions in the search box?

MB Themes

Regions are not limited.
Checked and tested.

SIG

• 31 posts
Regions are not limited.
Checked and tested.

Please show me an example that on a website with a Delta theme on the homepage and search engine I can see more than 50 regions in the search?
Make more than 50 regions in the demo version, please https://delta.mb-themes.com/
And then I'll believe that there are no restrictions by region, and I'll leave you alone and go look for what's wrong with me and why it doesn't work for me.

SIG

• 31 posts
Maybe I'm not explaining correctly what I want?
Do I need to increase to 100 or 200 the number of regions in the pop-up search box, in the list of regions (screen)?

MB Themes

Ok do you mean defaul list, not search results?