MB Themes

What is the feature you miss the most?
« on: January 23, 2022, 10:31:41 AM »
I am just curious, is there some feature in osclass that  you incredibely miss?  :o
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

Vlad7

• 244 posts
Re: What is the feature you miss the most?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2022, 08:19:28 PM »
in the classifieds section, there is no premium ending line. The administrator has to go on behalf of the user to his profile and look at the premium placement period, or look in the osclass pay plugin in the logs section, if you can find it, but that's not all, you have to manually check out the period if paid for example for two months. To do this, you need to count the number of days from the date of payment.

MB Themes

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2022, 08:36:34 PM »
Well this should be handled by osclass pay / payment plugin - via cron.
It does not make sense to implement into core as then you have other questions - expiration (how to set different per category), different prices, different options, ... => Handle by plugin
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

tomi327

• 66 posts
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2022, 09:07:42 PM »
1. Multiple categories select on search page.
2. 4th level of location - state, region, 4...., city /or/ state, region, city, 4.... + ZIP code
3. More attributes types. For example:
- search from-to option from predefined numbers (years, sizes....)
4. Filter + bulk actions in user backoffice. Its hard for users to manage own items if they have 100+ items (car dealers, real estates...)

;)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 09:17:44 PM by tomi327 »

MB Themes

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2022, 09:16:19 AM »
@tomi327
1) it is possible, osclass supports it. Problem is in theme integration, it usually hard to design
2) city area is there, but never integrated after city... but you are talking about level above city so quite hard to make it perfect for everyone :)
3)  ::)
4) yes, but it must be combination of Osclass support and theme support.

Thanks for feedback ;)

StefanGr

• 51 posts
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2022, 04:25:28 AM »
1. A more user friendly backoffice administration  ( really hard to browse between installed plugins , although it's more of a css feature )
2. Abilities to customize the Feature listings / normal listings  ( set specific categories or sub,to be displayed on maing page, search page, main "slider" etc.)
 2.1 Set specific number of listings from categories to be displayed ( 10 listings on premium , 15 listings on normal..  10 from X category , 5 from X category and so on )

;) nothing here, move on.

MB Themes

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2022, 07:44:44 AM »
@StefanGr
1) I am maybe too used on how it works :) ... what is your suggestion? Can you share some screenshot/mockup that would present better solution?
2) This is more-less question on themes itself, problem here is that there is more focus on functionality and design, then on configuration parameters. That is why is good to have basic PHP/HTML/CSS skills when working with Osclass.
2.1) I think most of themes has option to define number of listings in block already, but not counts based on categories.

Thanks for feedback ;)

StefanGr

• 51 posts
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2022, 11:41:52 AM »
@StefanGr
1) I am maybe too used on how it works :) ... what is your suggestion? Can you share some screenshot/mockup that would present better solution?
2) This is more-less question on themes itself, problem here is that there is more focus on functionality and design, then on configuration parameters. That is why is good to have basic PHP/HTML/CSS skills when working with Osclass.
2.1) I think most of themes has option to define number of listings in block already, but not counts based on categories.

Thanks for feedback ;)
1.Well, bellow i made a "mockup" if it can be called like that, and an example of what i'm using right now to better see the menus
2. A plugin for that would sell.
3. Indeed , but limited  :). For a customer point of view, and from a targeted  listing point of view, this is required.

MB Themes

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2022, 12:07:15 PM »
@StefanGr
I see your point, but that table view is historical and iconic for Osclass  :-*
I was checking wordpress solution but current one looked to be more clear and intuitive...

StefanGr

• 51 posts
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2022, 07:15:02 PM »
@StefanGr
I see your point, but that table view is historical and iconic for Osclass  :-*
I was checking wordpress solution but current one looked to be more clear and intuitive...
No problem on that.. but a big bigger ! and not with that grey. Some ppl wear glasses  ??? ::) ::) ::)

MB Themes

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2022, 09:38:16 PM »
Called "compact"  ;D

Tango

• 214 posts
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2022, 02:58:44 PM »
I think that this is one of the essential features that is missing from Osclass.
All other major classifieds scripts have it.

After discussing it with some other devs, its indeed a core+theme matter, not easily solvable by just a plugin.

Also, it would be nice to be able to beautify the User Public Profile URL, like this plugin does.
So instead of mysite.com/user/profile/demo the URL would be something like mysite.com/demo.
This would be nice when you have vendors that want to create their stores on your website, as they will have a friendly URL that can be easily shared: e.g.: mysite.com/OsclassPoint

Thanks!

7ala

• 144 posts
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2022, 02:47:51 PM »
If these plugins can be combined with osclass
Admin tools login
Auto-Language Plugin
currency search
Find By ID Plugin
 :D ;)
Thank you all

MB Themes

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2022, 04:17:16 PM »
@7ala
Plugins are extensions, not all should be included.
Typical mistakes is rush to include as much features, i.e.:
- gdpr features
- map features

.... but, what if your classifieds does not need map? what is reason to have it? How to enrich these features to fine tune it.. plugin that duplicates 40% of functionality? What if i.e. API or GDPR rules changes?
And what if I am from Chile and does not need GDPR at all, and do not even know what GDPR is?
Same with i.e. auto-language, it brings complexity, redirects, ... what if I do not need it?
Currency search is same, currency search without currency conversion is non-sense.

Just feedback that not all features can be implemented, but I am making notes :D

7ala

• 144 posts
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2022, 04:54:50 PM »
@7ala
Plugins are extensions, not all should be included.
Typical mistakes is rush to include as much features, i.e.:
- gdpr features
- map features

.... but, what if your classifieds does not need map? what is reason to have it? How to enrich these features to fine tune it.. plugin that duplicates 40% of functionality? What if i.e. API or GDPR rules changes?
And what if I am from Chile and does not need GDPR at all, and do not even know what GDPR is?
Same with i.e. auto-language, it brings complexity, redirects, ... what if I do not need it?
Currency search is same, currency search without currency conversion is non-sense.

Just feedback that not all features can be implemented, but I am making notes :D

what i mean
For Admin tools login
1 - Since osclass is multilingual, it is better to integrate this plugin
In the list of languages in the control panel, tick On demand.
2 - Referring to Find By ID Plugin
There is an id for each item
On the search page, you cannot search by id
Unless you activate the Plugin
It is better to be in osclass.
3 - Search feature by currency on the search page
This is not found in osclass
Unless you activate the addon.
4 - Admin tools login feature
How do I control customer ads when I can't log in?
To advertise only through this Plugin
All of them are better to be combined with osclass
Thank you all :-*
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 05:02:50 PM by 7ala »