morfik

• 169 posts
Cookies Consent PRO Plugin doesn't seem to block cookies
« on: March 16, 2023, 02:06:03 PM »
There an option that allow users to block for instance analytics cookies if they don't accept them when the cookie popup window appears. This worked fine some time ago, probably because of the domain xxx.xxx.xxx . After switching to domain xxx.xxx, I can see that the cookies from google include a period at the very fist position of my domain (see the attachment). So it looks like that the plugin matches the domain without initial dots and hence it can't block the cookies which come from the domains starting with this dot.

Should this be changed somewhere in google or in the plugin?

Also is this fi_user_id cookie related to osclass or something else?

MB Themes

Re: Cookies Consent PRO Plugin doesn't seem to block cookies
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2023, 02:35:10 PM »
@morfik
It can only block those cookies those you define to be blocked.
It could be also possible to create function that could be used with analytics script to identify if scripts can be embeded or no.
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

morfik

• 169 posts
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2023, 02:39:57 PM »
But it was blocking well. But I had a domain x.x.x, so it was not a top level domain. Now I have a top level domain, which is x.x, and google seems to treat this kind of domains differently, i.e. it adds this dot at the beginning which indicates that the cookie also applies to subdomains.

I think there should be an option in the blocking mechanizm to match (optionally) this initial dot for those who have a top lvl domains.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 02:42:23 PM by morfik »

MB Themes

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2023, 02:45:39 PM »
@morfik
That may not be simple :/
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

morfik

• 169 posts
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2023, 02:47:37 PM »
Maybe is there some setting in google to match the cookie only to this domain without subdomains?