Poll

Do you want to be able to search with ID in your items page?

Yes!
5 (83.3%)
No!
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

officela

• 64 posts
Search in user items ( Please VOTE )
« on: August 04, 2021, 10:25:11 AM »
Hello,

With this plugin i have created a field that name is Custom code.
The reason is pretty simple. The realtors have an ID - Code for them listings before uploading to any website. They use the same everywhere to know the listing after.

So i created this custom field in order for the users to be able to find them properties - listings very easy by using this field.

So, after explaining the logic can you please tell me if i can put this field on the user items page and the user to be able to search - find his listings using this field?

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 01:36:29 PM by officela »

MB Themes

Re: Search in user items
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 11:07:03 AM »
@officela
There are several functions in ModelATR those can help you to get raw attribute value from listing.
Attribute can be set to be "Added to search" in it's configuration.
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

officela

• 64 posts
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 11:27:55 AM »
I have enabled this yet it's does not shown on the "back end" or better user page where shows all listings.

I have to use this ?

<?php if(function_exists('atr_show_attribute')) { echo atr_show_attribute( {attribute id} ); } ?>

MB Themes

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 12:42:39 PM »
@officela
I have enabled this yet it's does not shown on the "back end" or better user page where shows all listings.
It is not back-end feature.

I have to use this ?
 <?php if(function_exists('atr_show_attribute')) { echo atr_show_attribute( {attribute id} ); } ?>
No, read post above.

@officela
There are several functions in ModelATR those can help you to get raw attribute value from listing.
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

officela

• 64 posts
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2021, 08:34:25 AM »
@officela

What is this ModelATR ? where i find this any info?

Where is this configuration?

MB Themes

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2021, 01:21:26 PM »

officela

• 64 posts
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2021, 03:45:07 PM »
what i need see on example ? i see the same options that i have in my back end.

on the file what i need search for ? how i will put the field to be able to search in the user items?

MB Themes

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2021, 06:52:21 PM »
If you have absolutely no clue what to do, do not do it as you will not do it. You will not get ready made aolition here, just help and what you ask is not help.

officela

• 64 posts
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2021, 08:04:24 AM »
i do not have any clue i think this is more than obvious !
who can help me with this ?

MB Themes

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2021, 08:42:43 AM »
@officela
Best way is to search for developer to do customization for you... as you are not talking about changing colors or such simple elements.

officela

• 64 posts
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2021, 11:50:32 AM »
and each time that an update is going to happen i will have to put it again. have you thought to make this you for all of us ?
What is the meaning of the custom fields if we can't search them ????

I know you will answer me that we can do search but this is not exactly true or good working.
Andi i explain, when i am using the search i get some results of course, on the left there are some extra filters but NOT and of the custom attributes that of course i have enabled them in the back end to be able to search.....those fields are ONLY show up to the filters on the left if i click to any category.... only then i see Detailed search in red coulour and there are the cuctom fields that i have enabled for search.....

It's like hide them, a normal average user does not find..... so simple....

So, having the function and treat the people like what you ask need developer is an option.

Another option is to hear the clients, hear the people that we are using Osclass and bought showing you support and do it not only better in a way but useful !
I am willing to show my support and pay something for this of course but this has to be included to the plugin i suppose and all of us to use it.

All the years of the Osclass there in NOT any way for the users if they have let's say 50 listings to search with code! unbelievable but true.... maybe now is the time to do it? and why not with this attributes plugin if not in the core.

MB Themes

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2021, 02:16:30 PM »
@officela
It is your personal requirement so either you do it by yourself or developer do it for you, it will not get into product and result after update will be same, so this does not make sense to me at all.

Basically this needs to be considered before doing any modifications, there are usually 2 options:
- stop updates at all and customize site based on your need
- use original products and do not do any modifications, then updates are easy

This is going to be more-less any way you choose, just 2 options.
Custom field can be added to search bar when talking about built-in osclass solution, also with Attributes plugin.

officela

• 64 posts
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2021, 11:59:23 AM »
Basically it's not a personal requirement. This is how you want to understand it or answer. I was in personal contact with many people who are using Osclass and everybody did it with developer. ( and yes they stopped updates etc - and some keep putting the code to new updates etc...)

If you make a poll to your clients - users for this you will see what i mean...

Thank you for explaining the options i have but this was known to me but anyway thanks for your time to do so, yet i believe that there another one available.*

Most possible i will go with a developer since you do not want to hear or you do not want to understand or leave Osclass and move to other ( *this is a 3rd option by the way there is one option more from what you proposed me. ) I will repeat that this is a MUST option that is missing from Osclass and i hope you spend some time and make this reality for all the people out there that are using Osclass.

Just imagine: i have 100 listings and i need find one of them to edit or delete, in my user items  page there is no other way other than searching one by one to all of the pages of my items.... and this the way in 2021.... if you are ok with this then OK!

for anyone that reads this to not get any opinion mistaken i never asked this to be free but intended to pay and be included to all of us.

EDIT: i opened a poll for this to see how it goes, just for the history as we say ;)
Of course this is a topic not in front page to get people's attention but let's see how it goes!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 12:07:16 PM by officela »

sgak0ns

• 2 posts
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2021, 11:50:53 AM »
Basically it's not a personal requirement. This is how you want to understand it or answer. I was in personal contact with many people who are using Osclass and everybody did it with developer. ( and yes they stopped updates etc - and some keep putting the code to new updates etc...)

If you make a poll to your clients - users for this you will see what i mean...

Thank you for explaining the options i have but this was known to me but anyway thanks for your time to do so, yet i believe that there another one available.*

Most possible i will go with a developer since you do not want to hear or you do not want to understand or leave Osclass and move to other ( *this is a 3rd option by the way there is one option more from what you proposed me. ) I will repeat that this is a MUST option that is missing from Osclass and i hope you spend some time and make this reality for all the people out there that are using Osclass.

Just imagine: i have 100 listings and i need find one of them to edit or delete, in my user items  page there is no other way other than searching one by one to all of the pages of my items.... and this the way in 2021.... if you are ok with this then OK!

for anyone that reads this to not get any opinion mistaken i never asked this to be free but intended to pay and be included to all of us.

EDIT: i opened a poll for this to see how it goes, just for the history as we say ;)
Of course this is a topic not in front page to get people's attention but let's see how it goes!

Definitely a must option missing from osclass. +1