jcarrolo01

• 256 posts
Newsletter plugin GDPR compliant...
« on: May 17, 2018, 11:31:08 PM »
Hello Forum….

I already phurcase this plugin and installed in my localhost project…

With the GDPR comming everithing need to be completelly complient with GPDR....

As far as i saw in the newsletter plugin installed in my localhost there is no field there in no field where the user need to choose if wish or not receive news or newsletters…. For my understanding the user email is autoatically place in the data base marked to send newsletter…

As far as i read on last few days about GDPR, to send newsletters to the users the users need to give explicit consente to do that, so at leasat a check box should be available (By default not market) and the user should mark if wish or not receive news and newsletters….

I'm correct????

In admin side a complete list of newsletters subscribers, date & Time of subscription can be also very, very usefull

Another think… To still sending News or Newsletter, all email in our databases need to be asked to the users, to Resubmit authorisation to still receiving news and newsletter, so all emails in our database until now are completelly useless after 25May2018

Best Regards
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 11:35:56 PM by jcarrolo01 »

MB Themes

Re: Newsletter plugin GDPR compliant...
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 07:50:04 AM »
@jcarrolo01
There will be only restriction that users in list will have to have checked TC & PP.
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

MvdO79

• 32 posts
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2021, 04:20:41 PM »
I am afraid this is not GDPR compliant, from a dutch lawyer's company website:

"Consent must be freely given, which means that refusal of consent may not lead to this person being refused a service."

See: https://www.vijverbergadvocaten.nl/publicaties/privacy-en-avg-mag-je-ongevraagd-nieuwsbrieven-versturen

Right now a person that don't want the newsletter can't agree to the TC & PP, and can't use the website (a service).

There must be an extra exclusive unchecked checkbox for the newsletter...

Really need a newsletter solution but don't want high fines!  :'(

MB Themes

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2021, 05:17:07 PM »
TC is not approval to get newsletter, it is approval with your terms and conditions, those includes sending of newsletters.
Local in-country laws may differ, but plugins usually cannot reflect exeptions in single country
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

MvdO79

• 32 posts
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2021, 06:20:32 PM »
Yeah, personally I would integrate it so users can turn on/off the requirement of a checkbox, everybody happy.
EU has 27 countries and for other countries a checkbox would be not to bad either as people want to know what they are signing up for...

But... I don't know the technical stuff behind Osclass and how hard it is to implement.

MB Themes

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2021, 09:15:54 AM »
@MvdO79
GDPR is not required just in EU countries, but also outside EU, if you have EU customers, that means it is not 27 countries only, unfortunately.

MvdO79

• 32 posts
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2021, 06:43:34 PM »
Ah yes indeed, so even more countries need a checkbox for the newsletter  ;D

Any tips on best approach for creating a checkbox for newsletter? Just check the GDPR plugin and create an extra checkbox for it?

MB Themes

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2021, 01:33:05 PM »
SImply duplicate one of the checkboxes.

MvdO79

• 32 posts
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2021, 04:05:41 PM »
Ok will do.