MB Themes

eCommerce idea - what you think?
« on: September 04, 2021, 05:32:58 PM »
Hello everyone,
There is idea for osclass pay to slightly redesign how ecommerce works.
Currently, it is possible to create order that consists from products from different sellers.
This is quite fancy, but brings a lot of problems i.e. if we want to add delivery options, delivery prices or make after sale work much easier for admins and sellers.

Idea is to limit cart to be able to process order only with products from same seller.
Having this, we could have easy way to create shipping & carriers section or module.

Share your thoughts or experience
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

Fabio Massaro

• 302 posts
Re: eCommerce idea - what you think?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2021, 06:23:58 PM »
I have been proposing it for some time .. but no one expresses his thoughts ... it benefits a lot to everyone who buys osclasspoint products ....

MB Themes

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2021, 08:24:20 PM »
Well it brings something for price of taking something
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

Fabio Massaro

• 302 posts
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2021, 08:51:27 PM »
in what way ?

Fabio Massaro

• 302 posts
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2021, 08:53:53 PM »
I would be interested in this ... as I have already written to you in private ... of this custom also because if you want to stay with the times of the other ad sites you must also have that service at least I will speak to you here in Italy

Tango

• 214 posts
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2021, 03:30:33 PM »
Hello everyone,
Currently, it is possible to create order that consists from products from different sellers.
This is quite fancy, but brings a lot of problems i.e. if we want to add delivery options, delivery prices or make after sale work much easier for admins and sellers.

Idea is to limit cart to be able to process order only with products from same seller.
Having this, we could have easy way to create shipping & carriers section or module.

Wouldn't it be better to offer both options with just a simple setting: Enable/Disable Single Order from Multiple Sellers ?
I mean there are some people that would prefer to keep everything as it is right now as they've adjusted their workflow to it, and others that would go for the newer method.

MB Themes

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2021, 06:10:13 PM »
That is not such simple and do not see benefit of that.

tomi327

• 66 posts
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2021, 06:40:54 AM »
Hello everyone,

That is a good idea... from one seller...one order, one invoice, one shipping fee, one payout for seller...bla bla bla

My ideas...
- vendor(seller) payouts section. Admin will manage min. amount for vendor payout request. Vendor payout bank details form. Table for vendor requests + status (payed, processing, canceled).
- billing form
- shipping form
- shipping fee
- sellers terms and conditions
- pay on delivery option with commission charge for admin (% or fixed value). Seller will need to pay all commissions every week/month or if amount is more when ex. 50€. Seller will pay by card (similar way as user is buying credits.) If commision charge is not payed by seller, all sellers items will be deactivated.

It is enough for now, I thing. :-D :-D

Have a nice day. ;-)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 06:50:59 AM by tomi327 »

Nagy Csaba

• 70 posts
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2021, 11:06:54 AM »
Curently all emails are going to the admin, is ther a way to notifi directly the seller for new order?

Tango

• 214 posts
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2021, 03:12:45 PM »
That is a good idea... from one seller...one order, one invoice, one shipping fee, one payout for seller...bla bla bla

Indeed, after giving it some more thought, this would be the better and easier solution and also it would also fix the absent shipping/delivery methods/cost.
So yeah, go for it.

Thanks!

MB Themes

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2021, 01:01:00 PM »
Curently all emails are going to the admin, is ther a way to notifi directly the seller for new order?

No, in current state it does not make sense and is basically work of admin to organize sellers.
That is, in tangible products, problem. For intangible, you probably do not care.

Tango

• 214 posts
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2021, 08:54:30 PM »
@Frosticek
As a quick note for future development, if you're adding a delivery/shipping fee setting for physical goods, please note that at least 2 options are needed for the shipping cost:
- Standard shipping: X price
- Express shipping: Y price

The ideal way would be to have the ability to create unlimited shipping fee custom fields, that the Admin can enable/disable/rearrange and label as he wishes (you can recycle some code from the Attributes Plugin that does just that ;D).
For example if you have multiple shipping carriers (FedEx - faster but expensive, DHL - cheaper but slower etc.), the customer could see these options and select what suits him best.

Also, the shipping fee option should be a per product setting, so we can separate the digital products from the physical ones, like in the attached screenshot.

Now in my opinion, only 4 things remain to make this plugin absolutely perfect:
  • Limit cart to be able to process orders only with products from same seller
  • Add shipping options
  • eCommerce orders search, using the Order ID, Customer Email and Customer Name
  • Products Management - Search, using the item ID, Item Title, On sale, Quantity, Shipping fee and Status (this search will help if a store has lots of products and you need to quickly find one and make modifications)

This will help us a lot in creating a hybrid system - classifieds and eCommerce (selling our products) and also will bring eCommerce to Osclass (you can even create themes just for eCommerce! :o).

Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 09:04:47 PM by Tango »

MB Themes

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2021, 09:57:32 AM »
@Tango
It is still long way to get there  :-*

Tango

• 214 posts
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2021, 01:05:50 PM »
@Tango
It is still long way to get there  :-*
Waiting for the amazing Osclass eCommerce Bundle:
eCommerce Theme + Osclass Pay + Voucher & Discount + Invoice + Virtual Products :P

PS: It shouldn't take that long. At your awesome skill level, the Pay Plugin adjustments shouldn't take more than a few hours. The rest of the plugins are ready.
The theme though, will be harder.

Have a great day!

MB Themes

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2021, 06:20:34 PM »
Well theme is not planned, it does not make sense to do business oriented themes