MB Themes

Re: Updating or Adding new Listing goes to HTTP ERROR 500 page
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2020, 05:15:22 PM »
It is not important.
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

Marked as best answer by Sinto001 on December 15, 2020, 02:40:53 PM

Sinto001

• 68 posts
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2020, 02:40:48 PM »
I entered correct credentials in the Mail Server and now the redirection to HTTP Error 500 stopped.
Thanks for Support

MB Themes

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2020, 03:44:47 PM »
@Sinto001
Nice to hear that ;)
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

pipetko

• 112 posts
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2021, 09:49:45 AM »
@Sinto001
First, properly configure and test your mail server.
Your hosting provider should be able to help with that.
What is this message in mail server options in Settings
Apache Module mod_ssl is not loaded
do NOT use SSL connection, it wont work, its an old problem with OC

MB Themes

I would say it work for me. Many aspects depends on mail server.

pipetko

• 112 posts
I would say it work for me. Many aspects depends on mail server.
I have worked on atleast 20 osclass based websites on clients, most of them on different hosting providers, worldwide.... I dont remember even one that didnt had problems with SSl emails.

P.S. Here is a feature request - It will be cool if the emails are working like worpdress php mailing without need of connecting any servers etc.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 12:28:59 AM by pipetko »

MB Themes

@pipetko
Well, emails are completely handled by PHP mailer library and currently, there is nothing better than PHP mailer library.

pipetko

• 112 posts
@pipetko
Well, emails are completely handled by PHP mailer library and currently, there is nothing better than PHP mailer library.
That is true, but why it is not working without email settings / server set up?!
Havent tested in your version yet. But until Now from when I am using osclass, it never worked sending emails without set up email settings. Currently with one of the websites I maintance is with not set up email server and it is not sending emails. Only the Contact form of the website is working. User emails are somewhere, nowhere. later we set up Mail server and it is working with the propper settings ( no ssl offcorse, SSL never worked ). Now it is sending emails BUT here is another problem. Now the email server of the web hosting is blocking email by automated bot. I was labeled as spammy email because sending notifications of the users. They remove the mail and domain from the list but some days later it is again blocked. That is why I hate using email set up server. In wordress I never spammed my domains because using only php without connecting it to the provirder's mail servers I only receive messages there and no problem... Its a long storry but its a pain in the .... this with the mails. So now even with set up mail server the website is not sending most of the mails and the client made me to remove the account mail verification on user register. Later the owner changed the webhosting and there was the same problem.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 08:03:33 PM by pipetko »

MB Themes

@pipetko
Mails sent from PHP have almost 100% probability to be marked as spam.

pipetko

• 112 posts
Agree... And still.... Why for example in Wordpress such a problem is a rare case ?!

MB Themes

All depends on what libraries use wordpress, but for me it sound weird that person that did not configured mail server complains why it does not work.