MB Themes

Re: create the database structure. Error number: 1214
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2021, 06:13:12 PM »
There is akways somrthing behind error 50p, maybe your hosting disable notifications about errors
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

CARS

• 33 posts
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2021, 08:13:21 PM »
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I am trying to check with them about the 500 error.

Regarding 1214 database structure, what do you think about that, since I am running mariaDB 10.2 / MySQL 5.7? :(

MB Themes

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2021, 08:29:36 PM »
Not quite sure what are you running, as you can only run MySQL 5.7 or MariaDB 10.2
Anyway in this case you should use MySQL 5.7 instead of MariaDB. If it will really be 5.7, you should not see 1214 database error.

To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

CARS

• 33 posts
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2021, 09:00:13 PM »
Hi,

I contacted the hosting now and it is mariaDB 10.2, which they say should be fully compatible with MySQL 5.7.

Any solution how to install OS Class anyway? :(

Best regards,

MB Themes

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2021, 09:33:55 PM »
It was already posted in this thread, so you ask same question.

CARS

• 33 posts
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2021, 10:41:36 PM »
Hi, sorry about that, I formulated me wrong, I meant is it only compatible with the "real" MySQL databases, not mariaDB? Will it support mariaDB in future releases?

Anyone else experience the same issues?

Best regards,

MB Themes

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2021, 07:49:17 AM »
@CARS
Hard to compare if MariaDB 10.2 is older than MySQL 5.7, it will be compatible if you change engine to MyISAM.

mwindey

• 468 posts
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2021, 10:22:52 AM »
@Cars

I use 3 different hosting providers (shared hosting)  and with all off them ... cheap to expensive i can install osclass without issues...
My official website uses PHP version: 7.4.22 and 10.3.27-MariaDB-cll-lve
Never have had problems installing databases on them. Even backup and installs on cheap hosting company works fine. Either you are doing something wrong while installing or the expensive hosting company isn't worth the money....Just my thoughts  :-\

MB Themes

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2021, 10:27:15 AM »
I am using cheap hosting company and they provide also mysql 8 for year.php 8 as well. Mariadb 10.5.
If your bosting company does not have it, why eould you pay to such company?

CARS

• 33 posts
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2021, 04:44:37 PM »
I feel embarrased now, the version is mariaDB 10.2 and the error code isn't 1214 anymore, but 1142, sorry about that.  :-[

I guess it has something to do with the database user not having "SELECT" access?

Best regards,

MB Themes

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2021, 06:06:48 PM »
Error not related to osclass.
This is a mysql command line error message, this Means you are logged into mysql with a default null user with just about zero privileges.

Google before asking, it can save you a lot of time.
How to fix? Contact hosting provider, use mysql user with full privileges.

CARS

• 33 posts
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2021, 03:28:54 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

That's what I thought, I searched for the error code but wasn't sure if there was some specific setting I could change with OS Class for installation. :)

I haven't dealt that much with MySQL before but have looked into it some more these days, so I've set up a server with all the correct privileges now and everything seems to be working OK.

Excited to work with OS Class again, I've had a previous version several years ago.

Many thanks for the great support here.

Have a nice weekend.

MB Themes

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2021, 03:58:15 PM »
Cool, glad to hear that  :-*

CARS

• 33 posts
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2021, 04:50:32 PM »
Hi,

PS, I tried your code change for the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Undefined constant "OC_ADMIN_FOLDER" in /public_html/oc-includes/osclass/helpers/hErrors.php:108 Stack trace: #0 /public_html/oc-load.php(42): osc_get_absolute_url() #1 /public_html/index.php(25): require_once('/storage/conten...') #2 {main} thrown in /public_html/oc-includes/osclass/helpers/hErrors.php on line 108

..and unfortunately it doesn't work, I had to use PHP 7.4 in order to install OS Class (to be redirected to the install), with PHP 8 I received the above error 500.

Best regards,

MB Themes

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2021, 07:44:50 PM »
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Undefined constant "OC_ADMIN_FOLDER" in /public_html/oc-includes/osclass/helpers/hErrors.php:108 Stack trace: #0 /public_html/oc-load.php(42): osc_get_absolute_url() #1 /public_html/index.php(25): require_once('/storage/conten...') #2 {main} thrown in /public_html/oc-includes/osclass/helpers/hErrors.php on line 108

This is fix:
Thank you, this notice does not represent issue, but you can fix it in file oc-includes/osclass/install-location.php by adding after this line (line #11):
Code: [Select]
define('LIB_PATH', ABS_PATH . 'oc-includes/');
Following line:
Code: [Select]
define('OC_ADMIN_FOLDER', 'oc-admin');