bongotron

• 3 posts
Hi all,

with a considerable delay, we found out that the Saved search on our site UlovAuto.cz is not working (the last saved search is from 30/8/23). The error is manifested by the fact that a visitor who is not logged in inserts an email into the widget, clicks ok, but the confirmation flash message does not appear and the saved search is not saved in Alerts, respectively the logged in user after clicking ok also does not see any confirmation flash message and the search is not saved as well

Our developers managed to figure out that the problem is probably that the function call does not pass through the condition in the ajax.php file
if($server_signature != $signature) {
echo '-2';
return false;
}
also, they are saying that it may have something to do with user validation...
(the specific path is oc-includes/osclass/controller/ajax.php line 240)

I will add that we have Live search disabled and we have deployed car attributes pro plugin (latest version), updated global.js but I guess that the problem probably occurred sometime earlier in September/October, but unfortunately we don't know exactly what caused it ...

We have custom modified the original Delta template substantially in multiple places (including push of several javascripts to the footer for SEO) and we have not yet updated it to 1.5.1 (we have 1.3.5).

plugin list: all-in-1 seo, backoffice, banners, blog, business profile, CAP, gdpr, hooks, image required, invisible recptcha, invoice, pay, sitemap pro, rest api

Thanks a lot for any help. Have a nice day

MB Themes

Re: Saved Search feature suddenly not working on child Delta theme
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2024, 01:13:49 PM »
That function with signatures verify public and private osclass keys.
It use to return -2 if session expired or keys does not match anymore.
On first place I would focus on checking life time of PHO session, if does not help you may need to deep dive into that specific rule and find out why signatures does not match
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

bongotron

• 3 posts
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2024, 02:35:15 PM »
Hi, can you please tell me what do you mean by verifying osclass private and public keys? Where do we find these in Delta theme? Does that have anything to do with invisible recaptcha plugin?

Thank you :)

MB Themes

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2024, 03:22:13 PM »
It's in core, if you go to this file:
oc-includes/osclass/controller/ajax.php (and related section)

I was able to reproduce when I tried to keep manually submitting form to server and it stopped to work in few minutes as session changed.
Recommend you to review in detail if your PHP session works OK and it's lifetime is at least few minutes.

In past I could see various issues related to server sessions and in some cases hosting was able to resolve those just by dropping me on another server.
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

bongotron

• 3 posts
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2024, 11:55:47 AM »
Hi again

Our devs did some digging and found out that the error occurs when compiling the data from the search parameter for saving to the dtb. There is encryption going on there that breaks the whole thing. Specifically the osc_encrypt_alert() function. To me it almost looks like the Saved search function does not work properly with Car attributes pro plugin? Or at least in our case (combination of plugins and custom features)

By any chance, isnt it something you fixed with update to delta theme version 1.5.1 (we have 1.3.5 at the moment)

Thanks

MB Themes

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2024, 07:32:23 PM »
That specificfeature is in osclass core, not theme. As guided before you need to compare signatures on both sides, decrypt then and identify what is different