Hello

Why are the "Transaction" and "Condition" fields not declared as mandatory?
What is the logic?
When publishing the ad there are these above-mentioned fields.
If these are not mandatory, then the announcements are very confusing.
Certain users may have to buy or sell, or rent.
Since the fields are not mandatory and if users do not select which type of Transaction they are interested in, then the ads go to "Any Transaction".
In these cases, great confusion is created in the search module.
I'm looking for "Sale" but I don't have ads for sale...
I'm looking for "Purchase" but I don't have ads for purchase... and the same for the other transactions.
All ads are on "Any Transaction.
The same problem with "Condition".
It's not right.
We must have mandatory fields to separate the TRANSACTION TYPE and CONDITION.
Please, how can this problem be solved in the Zeta theme?
I'm not a programmer. Which codes should be searched for, in which file and with which code should they be replaced?
And please solve the problem by updating the Zeta theme or updating the version of Osclass.
I tried to solve this problem with the Car Attributes PRO plugin, but it is not a good solution.
I notice that the Zeta theme, in searches, is still based on the original Transaction and Condition and does not take into account what I tried to solve through Car Attributes PRO.

Sincerely,

MB Themes

Re: Why are the "Transaction" and "Condition" fields not declared as mandatory?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2024, 02:11:05 PM »
It's not mandatory because it's optional.
That is whole logic.
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

Re: Why are the "Transaction" and "Condition" fields not declared as mandatory?
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2024, 12:36:55 AM »
Hello
This is exactly the problem.
It must be optional if the Categories are formulated as follows:
Let's take the REAL ESTATE category
- Apartments for sale
- Apartments for rent
- Apartments for purchase
-Studios for sale
-Studios for rent
-etc...
In this case, yes, it can be optional because you already have a clear tie directly from the category tree. That is, sale, rent, purchase. All separately.

Instead, when you have the category tree like this:
-Apartments
-Studios
-Lands
-etc...
...type "Transaction" and "Condition" must be mandatory.
in "Transaction" you separate Sales from Purchases, Rentals, etc.
Likewise in "CONdition".
Make the following imaginary transactions:
I want to sell an apartment and at the same time buy a studio.
In this case, if the "Transaction" and "Condition" types are not mandatory, and I do not choose anything between these two, how do I publish these ads?
In the pile?
A user enters the site and is interested in the SALE ads in Real Estate - Apartments.
You must filter these ads in the search bar, Transaction - Sale
If in my ad, when publishing, the TRANSACTION - SALE tab was not selected, the User who is only looking for Apartments for Sale, will not be shown any search results.

Logically... why should I inflate the category tree to "optionally" keep the type of TRANSACTION and CONDITION, when I can separate Purchase Sale and Rent through the "TRANSACTION" Tab?

As I said above, if I keep the two tabs only optional, it means that I inflate the category tree a lot.
I don't think it's right, not even in terms of appearance, but especially in terms of functionality.

If, after my explanation, you still maintain that those tabs are optional, please give me the solution and the code to make them mandatory.

Sincerely.