webcity

• 220 posts
Show only the main category not sub categories
« on: February 20, 2024, 07:41:40 AM »
Hi,

I've just renewed my licence for this plugin :-)

I would like to show a banner only in one of the main categories, not in the sub categories of this main directory.

Example: Show in: /pets  Do not show in: /pets/dogs

Whenever I disable the sub categories, when I save the settings the sub categories are enabled again. This only seems to happen if you want only the main category to show, all other options seem to work ok.

Can you please suggest a solution?

Many thanks

MB Themes

Re: Show only the main category not sub categories
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2024, 10:38:32 AM »
@webcity
I am not 100% sure if this Osclass built-in category selector allows only parent to be selected with no childs
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

webcity

• 220 posts
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2024, 07:54:59 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for your help and reply.

You can deselect the child categories and leave just the root category showing in the selector. When you save the category setting, the child categories reappear even though they have not been enabled.

Can you please suggest a solution to resolve the problem if possible?

Many thanks

MB Themes

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2024, 08:06:34 AM »
I do not think there will be solution for this usecase as plugin use Osclass loader. Even Banner Ads Plugin does not support such category selection.
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

webcity

• 220 posts
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2024, 08:25:44 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

I have purchased Banner Ads plugin too.

I purchased this plugin mainly for SEO purposes, so that I could include unique category description text for each individual category.

Could you include the category chooser on the Banner plugin instead, if you can not get your Advertisement Plugin to work OK?

Many thanks

MB Themes

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2024, 01:51:29 PM »
Will add it on TODO.

webcity

• 220 posts
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2024, 02:04:01 AM »