webcity

• 219 posts
Target by Location
« on: September 26, 2022, 01:58:44 PM »
Hi,

A lot of the successful classified sites show search links and content depending on the location and category. The most popular classified site in the UK shows search links at the bottom of all location / category pages. These links are unique to the location and also category. Example: https://www.gumtree.com/motoring-services/london

I would like to use the banner or advertisement plugin to target individual search pages by category AND location too.

I have run my classified site in the past with another classified software package that allowed this. I received a lot of traffic from location search results, I no longer receive much traffic from search terms that include the location in the search term. I'm sure most of your customers would like more traffic.

Can the Advertisement Manager plugin support locations or can this Banner plugin support location selection? If not what would be the cost to modify the plugin to support locations?

Many thanks

MB Themes

Re: Target by Location
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 03:02:39 PM »
@webcity
It used to be in advertisement manager plugin, but was rarely used so it was not built for banner ads as well.
I think it would make more sense to create it like some keyword filter, that you enter into "keywords", sample: {REGION: 1234} would show banner just in region with ID 1234
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

webcity

• 219 posts
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 04:28:32 PM »
Thanks for your reply and suggestion.

That sounds like it would work well.

If I wanted to show just ads for the page: https://plugins3.abprofitrade.eu/new-jersey-r782072

In the Advertisement Manager plugin, if I type in {REGION: 782072} in the keyword box (14) , will this just show ads for New Jersey?

Thanks again for your help.

MB Themes

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2022, 01:21:54 PM »
@webcity
Yes but:
- we are talking about Banners & Advertisement Plugin
- it's only theory that takes time to achieve and we currently does not plan to do that
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots