item description should not be required
« on: October 09, 2019, 04:45:58 PM »
Make the description form not required

(In item post)

MB Themes

Re: item description should not be required
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 06:17:57 PM »
Osclass require description.
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

Jesus

• 38 posts
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 07:26:45 PM »
Osclass require description.

But there must be a way that is not required right?

MB Themes

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 09:53:02 AM »
Maybe yes, try find min description length in item settings
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

Jesus

• 38 posts
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2019, 11:11:26 AM »
Maybe yes, try find min description length in item settings

I still haven't got the solution, but I am moving forward on something

oc-includes/osclass/frm/Item.form.class.php

we have to modify there

MB Themes

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2019, 06:53:40 PM »
Do not quite think so, there is somewhere controller checking if description is filled, I would check item-actions.php

Jesus

• 38 posts
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2019, 12:15:15 PM »
Do not quite think so, there is somewhere controller checking if description is filled, I would check item-actions.php

I think I found the solution, let me try! I still do not work 100%

siken

• 136 posts
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2019, 09:26:20 PM »

(In item post)

To change in oc-includes/osclass/frm/Form.form.class.php.php

static protected function generic_textarea($name, $value) {
            $name = osc_esc_html($name);
      if($value=='') echo '<textarea id="' . preg_replace('|([^_a-zA-Z0-9-]+)|', '', $name) . '" name="' . $name . '" rows="10">PUT HERE THE TEXT YOU WANT TO APPEAR ALWAYS IN THE DESCRIPTION. FOR EXAMPLE: YOURWEB.COM</textarea>';
             else echo '<textarea id="' . preg_replace('|([^_a-zA-Z0-9-]+)|', '', $name) . '" name="' . $name . '" rows="10">' . $value . '</textarea>';
        }

}
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 09:29:03 PM by alexandromt »

Jesus

• 38 posts
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2019, 11:31:39 AM »

(In item post)

if($value=='') echo '<textarea id="' . preg_replace('|([^_a-zA-Z0-9-]+)|', '', $name) . '" name="' . $name . '" rows="10">PUT HERE THE TEXT YOU WANT TO APPEAR ALWAYS IN THE DESCRIPTION. FOR EXAMPLE: YOURWEB.COM</textarea>';
             else echo '<textarea id="' . preg_replace('|([^_a-zA-Z0-9-]+)|', '', $name) . '" name="' . $name . '" rows="10">' . $value . '</textarea>';
        }

}

It works, but now this comes out:
Error "Description: enter at least 10 characters"

siken

• 136 posts
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2019, 11:44:49 AM »

(In item post)

}

}

They are things of osclass. You can try adding something like: post for free on myweb.com

Or try modifying the number 10 that appears on "rows", or looking at itempost.php in your theme

Jesus

• 38 posts
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2019, 12:02:35 PM »

(In item post)

}

}

They are things of osclass. You can try adding something like: post for free on myweb.com

Or try modifying the number 10 that appears on "rows", or looking at itempost.php in your theme

I know, I know

I was thinking of "Delete" the description field and make a new one in extras, so I don't have to suffer anymore  ;D

siken

• 136 posts
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2019, 12:09:28 PM »

(In item post)

}

}

I know, I know

I was thinking of "Delete" the description field and make a new one in extras, so I don't have to suffer anymore  ;D

Take advantage of what I have told you so that your website appears in the description, in case someone shares it on their social networks. If Osclass asks you for 10 characters, put a phrase like: post for free on myweb.com

The description field is something that Osclass asks for, if you don't want the user to touch it, search Google for something like hide or hidden, for example: <input type = "hidden">

Or to hide an element in div, use:

display: none;
visibility: hidden;

In <div style = "display: none"> here description field </div>

Jesus

• 38 posts
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2019, 12:12:08 PM »

(In item post)

}

}

I know, I know

Take advantage of what I have told you so that your website appears in the description, in case someone shares it on their social networks. If Osclass asks you for 10 characters, put a phrase like: post for free on myweb.com

The description field is something that Osclass asks for, if you don't want the user to touch it, search Google for something like hide or hidden, for example: <input type = "hidden">

I am trying to make it work, what I need is when users want to place the description do it, and when not, no !, I do not want to hide it, just be a field where they want to fill or not

siken

• 136 posts
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2019, 12:16:44 PM »

(In item post)

}

}

I know, I know

I am trying to make it work, what I need is when users want to place the description do it, and when not, no !, I do not want to hide it, just be a field where they want to fill or not

}

}

The description field must have text to be published. Add a phrase there so that the same phrase is always published, if you want to leave a space for them to add their text, add <br/> <br/> before your text.

So when someone wants to add something in description, they can do it and if they don't want to add anything in description, your sentence will come out.

But it cannot be blank, because Osclass forces the text to exist.

Try to see if putting 10 spaces, Osclass allows you to publish: &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;