This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. Press here if you would like to see it.

Hugo

• 182 posts
Reorder Images
« on: March 08, 2022, 07:00:22 PM »
Hello,

I get a lot of complaints that people cannot reorder their images (drag them). The only option they have is to click on the blue circle "^". Is there an option so we have a drag and drop system so people can easily reorder their images?

Hugo
expeditionmeister.com

MB Themes

Re: Reorder Images
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2022, 08:06:37 PM »
Image preresize plugin is only one that I know right now.
Some kind of reorder might be integrated into osclass as well in future
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

Hugo

• 182 posts
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2022, 09:38:22 PM »
I cannot find that plugin. can you send me a link?

MB Themes

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2022, 07:37:14 AM »
@Hugo
I do not have it neither, check github
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

Hugo

• 182 posts
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2022, 09:07:06 AM »
you mentioned it in an earlier message. How come you not have it????

Sounds very strange. (recommending it but not giving a link bc it is not your product (if it is on github)?)

Hugo

MB Themes

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2022, 05:38:16 PM »
We do not store all plugins especially those created by other developers.

Hugo

• 182 posts
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2022, 04:48:37 PM »
Hi, still looking for the option that users are able to drag and drop simply their images. There are way more clients of Osclass that are looking for sucha feature. I know it is a lot of work but it is really needed sowe  (your clients) can satisfy our clients again.

As the saying goes: an image tells more than a 1000 words...

mwindey

• 461 posts
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2022, 03:47:15 PM »
@Hugo

I uploaded the file for download Pre-resize images. You can use it only in case you do not use webp plugin because links to images are not correct anymore in that case.
Download link (7days): https://easyupload.io/u31p25

Hugo

• 182 posts
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2022, 05:51:31 PM »
Hi, thanks for the update.

Do you know by any chance if this will affect my website speed since i host a worldwide used website.

mwindey

• 461 posts
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2022, 11:33:46 PM »
@hugo

It has no effect on site speed, only on speed for users to upload images.. They get pre resized during upload and so faster upload on mobile is guaranteed. You can always go back in time if you do not like the plugin. Remove from admin and regenerate media files after. Always back up first just in case..... 😉
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 11:36:17 PM by mwindey »

Tango

• 214 posts
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2022, 10:38:54 AM »
Actually, it does have an effect on the site speed - a positive one, depending on the website traffic.

By default, Osclass is resizing all images using the integrated PHP libraries (GD or ImageMagick), which causes CPU and memory issues (mostly on shared hosting) if you have a website with lots of users that constantly post listings.
For every image added, the server needs to do some work to resize it.

The purpose of that plugin is to move the resizing work from the server, to the user browser.
So basically, the image is resized in the browser when the user uploads it, then it gets transferred to your server = 0 CPU & Memory usage, just minimal bandwidth hit.

Having said this, the plugin is actually a must-have for any high traffic website.  ;)

Edit: Actually there is some tiny memory usage as the Osclass core will still generate 3 images (Thumbnail, Preview, Normal), but not from the original image (which might be huge - 100MPX camera). It will generate them from the smaller resized one.  :D
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 02:13:01 PM by Tango »

Hugo

• 182 posts
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2022, 07:03:53 PM »
Thank you guys for the replies and code. going to check it out today!

Hugo

• 182 posts
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2022, 11:28:01 PM »
Tango and Mwindey,

I do have one other question; How do i make sure that the 'upload button' for images appears in the field when i have the preResize plugin installed?

Please have a look at the attached screenshots with some "inspect" where you see the differences. Thanks again for your help; I hope this is just a small problem.

(first images is with the plugin installed)

Note: i am using the Delta them

Hugo

• 182 posts
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2022, 11:30:32 PM »
the normal situation (without preResize installed)

Hugo

• 182 posts
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2022, 11:38:14 PM »
Nevermind! Fixed! Merci!