Phil

• 1 posts
Documentation
« on: December 19, 2018, 12:30:14 AM »
Hi,
As I'm not a developer or a coder, I'd like to have access to the documentation you speak of on your site (documentation included) so I can learn how to make more attractive and modern emails with pictures, logo etc..
I have no idea what to do with {{{TITLE}}} or {{{CONTENT}}} and the other possibilities offered.

Using template #62, from live site I have a warning when trying to Contact admin : <The file you tried to upload does not have a valid extension> (and was not sent)

And that one too : PHP Notice: Constant ABS_PATH already defined in /home/myloginname/public_html/oc-content/plugins/email_template/admin/template.php on line 2

If this plugin is too complicated for a novice like me or wont support pictures, logo etc.., maybe you know of another integration like Mandrill which is not free anymore. Not sure if Google mail plus is able to do the job. I know they can replace server's emails but do they take care of automatic clients emailing ? not sure.

Do not hesitate to erase this topic if you do not find it interesting for others.

Thank you. Have a nice day.

MB Themes

Re: Documentation
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 10:33:52 AM »
As I'm not a developer or a coder, I'd like to have access to the documentation you speak of on your site (documentation included) so I can learn how to make more attractive and modern emails with pictures, logo etc..
// Plugins should not learn you to develop HTML templates, you can find thousands of tutorials on google

I have no idea what to do with {{{TITLE}}} or {{{CONTENT}}} and the other possibilities offered.
// {{{TITLE}}} is title of email, {{{CONTENT}}} is content of email

Using template #62, from live site I have a warning when trying to Contact admin : <The file you tried to upload does not have a valid extension> (and was not sent)
// Not related to plugin, try to disable attachments on contact form

And that one too : PHP Notice: Constant ABS_PATH already defined in /home/myloginname/public_html/oc-content/plugins/email_template/admin/template.php on line 2
// Will check that, however should have no impact on plugin functionality
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

rooman

• 223 posts
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2023, 12:01:42 PM »
/oc-content/plugins/email_template/admin/template.php on line 2
Code: [Select]
<?php
  define
('ABS_PATH'dirname(dirname(dirname(dirname(dirname(__FILE__))))) . '/');
  require_once 
ABS_PATH 'oc-load.php';

$template ModelEMT::newInstance()->getTemplateById(Params::getParam('templateId'));

ob_get_clean();

if(@
$template['locales'][Params::getParam('emtLocale')] == '') {
    echo 
'<span style="position:absolute;top:50%;left:0;width:100%;font-family:Arial;text-align:center;color:#aaa;font-size:22px;line-height:22px;margin-top:-11px;">' __('Template preview''email_template') . '</span>';
  } else {
    echo @
$template['locales'][Params::getParam('emtLocale')];
  }
  exit;
?>
The error is here
 define('ABS_PATH', dirname(dirname(dirname(dirname(dirname(__FILE__))))) . '/');

MB Themes

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2023, 10:55:15 AM »
Differentiate between "notice" and "error".
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots