pitbull

• 98 posts
Pre-order Question
« on: March 12, 2019, 01:05:42 PM »
Hi Frosticek.

I want to buy the favorite items plugin and i would like to ask u first if is possible to build a function when someones save an item.

So here is my question / suggestion: Every time a  user save an item (as it is now) this item saved in the current/active [Favorite LIst #1]  of the user.

It would be great if the plugin could save the item in a list that is created automatically based on the main category of the saved item is belong !!

For example if i save an item from Category: Technology/Smartphones then the item it will be saved under the Favorite list with the name "SMARTPHONES". This way every time someone save/favorite an item from The category "smartphone" it will be saved always in the list "SMARTPHONES".

Also there will not be anymore the need for the users to change rename their favorite lists name.

As my profession is UX/UI Designer i can ensure you that this little change will improve the plugin functionality and user experience by 100% !

If you need any help on front end development and ui design of plugin just drop me a message. I would be happy if i can help in any way .

Best Regards

« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 02:48:09 PM by pitbull »

MB Themes

Re: Pre-order Question
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 08:37:05 PM »
Problem is that those list are here not for such categorization, anyway nice idea and we will consider it.
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

pitbull

• 98 posts
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 09:13:46 AM »
Problem is that those list are here not for such categorization, anyway nice idea and we will consider it.

Awesome Frosticek. Anyway i will buy the plugin and i will try to build the function. If i make it work i will upload here the code.

Keep up the good work mate.

MB Themes

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 03:34:07 PM »
@pitbul
Thanks ;)
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

Adi

• 28 posts
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 07:26:34 PM »
I have a suggestion as well. I tested this plugin in Alpha theme and there is a issue when you are not logged in. If you are not logged in, you can click on Save to add it to Favorite, the action shows a confirmation message telling that the item is saved but there is no save.

In olx.ro, if you do the same thing, a popup shows and tells you

Bravo. The ad is now saved in your favorite list

Important and useful: To permanently save your ad, you must be logged in to your OLX account.

From that point, there are 2 situations:

1. you do not login/register BUT the ad shows as Favorite, even if you are nor logged in.
I can close the tab (and site) and if i open a new tab, the listing still shows in favorite list - so i assume it is a cookie

2. you login in your account and the listing is saved permanent to your favorite list

So, as it is now, this plugin needs the same flow or, if not, the Save button should be hidden to all listings until you log in.

MB Themes

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 12:49:20 PM »
@Adi
Sorry, we are not going to copy OLX features. If you want olx-style classifieds, it's better to hire developer.

Adi

• 28 posts
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2019, 01:33:20 PM »
@Adi
Sorry, we are not going to copy OLX features. If you want olx-style classifieds, it's better to hire developer.

Did i request you to do something like this?
I just explained you that the plugin has a issue, how it works in real world in other scripts and how you can correct the issue, easy.
It seems that we can't make any comment regarding the plugins or themes you have, regardless if there is a issue or a suggestion.

MB Themes

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2019, 01:39:12 PM »
@Adi
I do not see any issue, it's just your personal preference how you would like to see it work.

Adi

• 28 posts
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2019, 01:42:28 PM »
Are you serious? So a button that tells the user he performed a action when in fact it doesn't do it is not a issue? Good to know how you deal with issues.
Or when i tell you that no email arrives if you Save a search NOT LOGGED IN, is again no issue.

MB Themes

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2019, 08:52:00 PM »
Check what cookies means