Error - Noindex tag detected

How to change index tag ?

Marked as best answer by frosticek on December 26, 2018, 01:34:57 PM

MB Themes

Re: Google indexing problem
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 12:33:27 PM »
@Miller
Check custom.php in your theme folder
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

Miller

• 141 posts
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 01:07:18 PM »
Thanks solved problem  :D :D :D

pipetko

• 112 posts
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 01:02:36 PM »
How did you solved the problem. I have the same... Almost nothing works..... User pages are with no index, all posts with blog plugin... also noindex tag, The SEO plugin is not working all cynds of errors... None of my ads are indexed by google.. WHY ?!

MB Themes

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 01:08:16 PM »
@pipetko
Make sure in your theme file custom.php does not contain noindex/nofollow
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

pipetko

• 112 posts
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2020, 05:21:45 PM »
ok... but the sitemap not readable by googl still not fixed

MB Themes

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2020, 05:46:39 PM »
If you can open sitemap file and it has no errors, it is readable

pipetko

• 112 posts
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2020, 05:46:25 PM »
I can open the sitemap, I can see it. BUT GOOGLE 1oes not. I am struggling with this problem from over an year. My ads are not viewe1 in google search at all, only few pages that not make any sense.....Even the sitemap from my BLOG which is agayn your plugin.... is also nto readable not even a SIGNLE post is in google search... a single.... Nothing blocke1 in robots, rights are the same as re1ueste1, everything I have done so far does not seem to work. PS on ver 3.8 Osclass after making changes as you sayd google managed to read the sitemaps on my other website with success. I updated this one with the new osclass, removed the rows you told me and... no change... I cant get it. I have even manually put the maps in other folder.. gain no sucess
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 05:49:42 PM by pipetko »

MB Themes

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 09:51:05 AM »
@pipetko
1. I can open the sitemap, I can see it. BUT GOOGLE 1oes not
- then it's issue with setup of your sitemap in google console. If you see it, then sitemap is OK and exists.

2. My ads are not viewe1 in google search at all, only few pages that not make any sense
- it makes sense, usually if there is too many duplicates, ads are just very straightforward, simple, your site does not have too much of importacy...

3. .Even the sitemap from my BLOG which is agayn your plugin
- plugin generates sitemap, no more, no less. It create sitemap.

You will have to check more details on SEO and how google works

pipetko

• 112 posts
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2020, 10:18:51 PM »
After making the changes the first website seems to work for now ant it is indexing. The second one I have created manualy index sitemap with urls to all sitemaps, which google managed to read with success ( the original ones from the plugins are still not readable when I add them in search console ). For both websites basically problem is solved for now :)

MB Themes

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2020, 08:47:12 AM »
Nice to hear that

pipetko

• 112 posts
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2020, 12:11:46 PM »
I see that on Search, categories and user profile there is:
          <meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow" />
    <meta name="googlebot" content="noindex, nofollow" />
I think they should be usually:
          <meta name="robots" content="noindex, follow" />
    <meta name="googlebot" content="noindex, follow" />
How to change that ?

On user profile, after adding to user-public-profile index and follow tags, because I want them to be indexed - the public profiles, there are now TWO tags... How to change thew public profile tags or remove them if they are on central base and just leave tags I have entered

I want categories to be indexed, how to do that
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 12:15:24 PM by pipetko »

MB Themes

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2020, 01:03:37 PM »
@pipetko
It's usually made to avoid duplicated content. Nofollow means that there is no need to follow links as they are reachable from different locations.

pipetko

• 112 posts
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2020, 04:23:05 PM »
I know that, but I want them to be follow.
And again tell me how to make categories and user public profiles index and do follow tags. Also search to be with noindex but follow tag.

It wont be duplication simply because they cant choose for one ad more categories. P.S. Taking example from brands like OLX. Their categories ARE with index and dofollow tags. Public user accounts are with noindex. But My idea is to make them visible like pages, specially if someone makes business type profile ( would be grate if there is existing option for that )... I think they cant be duplicated, because usually sellers have different ads in multiple categories, which mean, the content cant be duplicated. OLX uses to show user profiles as a search parameter, which means they... cynd of do not have a real profile and that is because they dont want free advertising for their users. Only ads visible on olx.

Then i checked bazar.bg the competitor in my country of olx.. gues what their public user pages ARE indexable, because are structured similar to OC and user can ad website and some description info for its business... Usually owners of business profile do that because of SEO... and there it is NO duplicated content.

check for the codes by yourself, I am not a lier.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 04:27:30 PM by pipetko »

pipetko

• 112 posts
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2020, 01:18:15 AM »
I am still waiting for solution.
I need to make search with tags:
          <meta name="robots" content="noindex, follow" />
    <meta name="googlebot" content="noindex, follow" />

and public user profile and categories
          <meta name="robots" content="index, follow" />
    <meta name="googlebot" content="index, follow" />