This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. Press here if you would like to see it.

Gerdnet

• 2 posts
Profile picture
« on: October 29, 2018, 01:09:27 AM »
Hello! I have a question on the profile picture. Isn't it easier to make the profile on the forum automatically load the image from the main profile? Can anyone implement it?

MB Themes

Re: Profile picture
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 01:48:02 PM »
Theoretically it is possible.
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

manuel

• 10 posts
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 02:01:06 PM »
This is a good idea!

atba

• 187 posts
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2022, 10:12:32 PM »
How to implement it yourself?
Since in version 137 for some reason the uploaded images are not displayed and they are not even in the avatar folder

MB Themes

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2022, 07:00:07 AM »
@atba
That means you removed them.
Do you use built-in osclass avatar features?
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

atba

• 187 posts
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2022, 03:39:43 PM »
I didn't delete anything. Tried to upload. The first one loaded. Then when you try to upload a new one, it's empty. In the inspector, there is a - (dash) in the image address after the last slash. And there's nothing in the folder. Yes, I use the profile pictures plugin.
The plugin of the latest version was installed without any modifications.

MB Themes

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2022, 03:48:59 PM »
In that case I recommend to create ticket with your url, login (etc data) so team can reproduce it and check.

atba

• 187 posts
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2022, 03:59:45 PM »
And if there is a solution, what would a profile photo on the forum use an image from the main account?

MB Themes

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2022, 04:10:00 PM »
@atba
That is different requirement. Currently you complains that profile picture in forums is not being uploaded, so we should check this.

atba

• 187 posts
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2022, 04:14:00 PM »
I reproduced the problem myself on different sites. The essence of the problem: when the avatar is loaded for the first time, the image is assigned a name in the form of today's date with an underscore at the end. Next, for example, I decide to upload a new avatar and it is again assigned the same name and as a result only the last character remains (underscore (_).
As a result, the avatar is not displayed accordingly
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 04:29:55 PM by atba »

atba

• 187 posts
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2022, 04:19:38 PM »
That is, an attempt to upload the second, third, and so on deletes the first image from the folder and a link to the image remains in the form: /oc-content/plugins/forums/img/avatar/_.png. Naturally, the avatar will not be displayed

atba

• 187 posts
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2022, 04:24:02 PM »
And I also noticed. I failed to re-upload an image from the same profile yesterday. And today, the first time was successful, and the second time again does not come out. Conclusion? Everything is connected with the name that is assigned to the image in the form of a date. As soon as it has changed, that is, the next day it will be possible to upload a new image once. Like that.

atba

• 187 posts
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2022, 04:36:01 PM »
Moreover, reloading this image, only say in .png format, will make it possible to display it, so the address will be different.... In general, I have explained everything to you. The problem is obvious and it is related to the address of the uploaded image

Marked as best answer by frosticek on July 21, 2022, 08:21:32 AM

MB Themes

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2022, 08:21:29 AM »
@atba
Thank you, we were able to reproduce.
Fix has been uploaded as version 1.4.0, moving also files to oc-content/uploads folder.

atba

• 187 posts
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2022, 05:45:52 PM »
Excellent. I'll update it later, but I'm sure everything will be fine))) Thank you too ;)