webcity

• 212 posts
Extra Feeds Plugin - more listings
« on: February 12, 2021, 01:45:07 PM »
Hi,

I'm using the Extra Feeds plugin which is working great except, I would like to show more search results.

Is there something I can add to the URL parameters to increase the results? I have tried to add /iDisplayLength,500 to the URL to increase the listings to 500, but this doesn't work.

I've looked at the plugin coding but can't see any code to change to increase the listings either.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Many thanks

MB Themes

Re: Extra Feeds Plugin - more listings
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 02:21:32 PM »
@webcity
It seems to be using osc_has_items() function instead of it's own, so you will probably not be able to modify it for feeds, maybe in core files (search.php model/class) for feeders there is separate setup.
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

webcity

• 212 posts
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2022, 05:21:09 AM »
Hi,

It would be really great to be able to use this plugin for sharing ads on the popular classified search engines. I'm sure many classified site owners would like more free traffic :-)

Due to the coding of the plugin using the osc_has_items() function the plugin only shows a few listings at a time, the same as listings results per page.

Can anyone suggest how to change the code to set the listing results to another number, say 1000 instead of the sites 20 listings per page?

Many thanks

MB Themes

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2022, 08:25:48 AM »
@webcity
You must deliver and update per_page (perPage or limit) parameter to function.
Taking 1000 listings from database may have negative impact on performance.
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

webcity

• 212 posts
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2022, 06:47:40 AM »
Thanks for the help and feedback.

It would be great for a plugin like the Sitemap Pro plugin but for the Extra Feeds, where the plugin generates the listings in small batches using a cron every hour or so, and writes to a static file for downloading by the classified search engines.

I'm sure it would be popular :-)

MB Themes

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2022, 09:48:55 AM »
@webcity
I am not sure, feeds are pretty obsolete feature and you can achieve pretty much same using Rest API plugin.

webcity

• 212 posts
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2022, 02:02:45 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion.

The REST API looks ideal for the job but it doesn't look like the classified search engines support this standard yet.

Here is the Trovit feed requirements: https://corporate.trovit.com/feed-au-homes/

Many thanks for your help.

MB Themes

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2022, 02:29:11 PM »
Yes they would need to support JSON.

webcity

• 212 posts
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2022, 07:00:08 AM »
One of the classified search engines does support JSON.

I've taken another look at your Rest API plugin, does it have the option to restrict fields / data supplied for each feed, as I don't want to share some sensitive information with other companies?

I could only see the option to restrict write access for all fields for the particular feed.

Many thanks

MB Themes

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2022, 01:03:40 PM »
@webcity
Correct, Rest API plugin does not provide way to select which fields are exposed. This is based on expected usage of plugin, not expected to share data with other sites, it was meant for synchronization & migration of data between own classifieds.