Wiz

• 138 posts
[Suggestion] - New plugin: Sign in with Apple
« on: March 01, 2023, 11:41:36 AM »
Hello @MB,

It would be great if you would consider creating a new "Sign in with Apple" authentication premium plugin that doesn't rely on third-party services.

The popular top 3 authentication services are Google, Facebook and Apple with the latter being the most privacy-focused and least intrusive with the information shared.

I'm pretty sure there will be demand for it as is the case with any premium plugin that provides a value-added service that does not rely on third-party services or subscriptions.

Thank you.

Wiz

MB Themes

Re: [Suggestion] - New plugin: Sign in with Apple
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2023, 06:40:56 PM »
Thanks for feedback... Do not like apple  :D
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

Wiz

• 138 posts
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2023, 10:47:41 PM »
That's ok, was worth the shot. I personally don't like meta/facebook and would choose Apple over them any day of the week. Anyway, the rest api/sdk is not that hard to implement so I'll do that myself.

The thing I dislike the most about third-party authentication services is the access they get to user information / profiles.

Cheers

MB Themes

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2023, 05:01:36 PM »
@Wiz
Yes well that's the price for that
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

Wiz

• 138 posts
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2023, 05:23:13 PM »
@Wiz
Yes well that's the price for that

True, that's why standalone authentication plugins/implementations are much better... 2 parties instead of 3. There's an upfront cost, dev effort or plugin purchase, but more savings and privacy/data controls in the long run.

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2023, 09:59:32 PM »
Agree with the request.
Apple for authentication, and Apple Pay for payment  ;) are two precious tools, like it or not  ;)