mike

• 8 posts
Error sending messages in version 1.3.1
« on: January 25, 2020, 01:34:35 AM »
Hello,

I have Created a website with Stela Theme 1.1.2 and Instant Messenger Plugin 1.3.1, I'm using Osclass 3.9.

When I select the "Send Message" Button from item page, I get redirected to this correct link - https://www.{example}.com/im-create-thread/{item_id}, after the fields are completed and press the "Send message" button, I get redirected to this link:

https://www.{example}.com/im-messages// - the 2 slashes are not by mistake there, that it's how the links looks like.
For this link is shown the 404 error page.
Also, got the notification that the message was successfully sent.

Can I get some help with this, please?!?

mike

• 8 posts
Re: Error sending messages in version 1.3.1
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 01:37:30 AM »
I forgot to mention that the message is not listed in the "conversations" tab of the plugin, the person that listed the ad and the sender of the message are not notified.

MB Themes

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 01:56:55 PM »
@mike
Have you tried to reinstall plugin? What you have in error log?
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

mike

• 8 posts
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 11:59:57 PM »
I tried to re-install the plugin and the theme, the same.

The solution that i found was to remove the $offer_id = NULL and 'i_offer_id' => $offer_id from ModelIIM.php file. But this made the plugin to work as it should, in the frontend, but still the emails are not sent.

This is the error_log that I have:

[26-Jan-2020 17:48:26 America/Indiana/Indianapolis] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught phpmailerException: Invalid address:  (addAnAddress to):  in /home/autodjpe/public_html/oc-includes/vendor/phpmailer/phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php:881
Stack trace:
#0 /home/autodjpe/public_html/oc-includes/vendor/phpmailer/phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php(821): PHPMailer->addOrEnqueueAnAddress('to', '', '')
#1 /home/autodjpe/public_html/oc-includes/osclass/utils.php(482): PHPMailer->addAddress('', NULL)
#2 /home/autodjpe/public_html/oc-content/plugins/backoffice_manager/email.php(168): osc_sendMail(Array)
#3 /home/autodjpe/public_html/oc-content/plugins/backoffice_manager/index.php(407): email_status(NULL)
#4 /home/autodjpe/public_html/oc-includes/osclass/classes/Plugins.php(42): bo_mgr_form_post(Array)
#5 /home/autodjpe/public_html/oc-includes/osclass/helpers/hPlugins.php(34): Plugins::runHook('posted_item', Array)
#6 /home/autodjpe/public_html/oc-includes/osclass/ItemActions.php(313): osc_run_hook('posted_item', Array)
#7 /home/autodjpe/public_html/oc-includes/osclass/controller/item.php(151): ItemAct in /home/autodjpe/public_html/oc-includes/vendor/phpmailer/phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php on line 881

MB Themes

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2020, 06:18:29 PM »
None of error is related to plugin. If you updated from 3.8 to 3.9, make sure to remove old php mailer files.
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

mike

• 8 posts
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 04:48:49 PM »
where do I find those file?
I have in public_html/oc-includes/phpmailer and public_html/oc-includes/vendor/phpmailer, what should I delete?

I really appreciate the help!

MB Themes

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2020, 07:32:18 AM »
@mike
One here:
public_html/oc-includes/phpmailer (just rename it's folder to phpmailer_remove)

You can try to check table t_im_messages if it has same structure as is in struct.sql in plugin, enable also database debugging. I've seen this error just once few years ago, do not quite remember what caused it...

mike

• 8 posts
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 11:29:10 PM »
Hey ...

I did not find the error  .... Can you give me link to an older version of the plugin, maybe that will work...

I reverted to Osclass 3.8 and the same error.

The db structure is the same as struct.sql, the onli difference is the following lines:
$offer_id = NULL and 'i_offer_id' => $offer_id from ModelIIM.php file, also this field is not present in the db. If I keep this as original, when you try to send a message, you get the 404 error page with this link: https://www.{example}.com/im-messages// - also when is like this the message in not registered in the conversation tab from admin panel.

If those lines are removed, the messages appear in the panel, but that message is not received by the "Questioner" or the "Respondent".

mike

• 8 posts
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 11:39:40 PM »
this is how the ocx_t_im_threads and ocx_t_im_messages sql structure looks like.

MB Themes

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2020, 12:27:06 PM »
@mike
In threads table i_offer_id column is missing, reinstall plugin or update table manually based on struct.sql

mike

• 8 posts
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2020, 04:22:45 PM »
re-installed the plugin and still the seller or the buyer do not get the questions.

MB Themes

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2020, 05:52:05 PM »
Ok, please create support ticket and send your url with login to your ocadmin and ftp

jcarrolo01

• 256 posts
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2020, 07:43:33 PM »
Dear all...

Something similar happen to me....

Someone reply yo an of my listings i receive the warning, and when i click on link to reply to the emessage i was redirected properlly, the linting is there but no message from the user who sent the message to me

In home i try to reproduce but with no success....

Best Regards
João