Problem with disable email notification
« on: July 20, 2021, 01:31:28 AM »
Hi, and congratulations for the plug-in.

I believe I have a problem with email notifications. When 2 users messages in chat, even if the message is read in chat, the user continues to receive the email notification as if they had not read the message in chat.

I have already activated the "Notify User only Once" option but email notifications keep coming for every written message in messenger.

What am I doing wrong?

PS: I have the latest version osclass and "delta" template

MB Themes

Re: Problem with disable email notification
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 01:28:27 PM »
@Federico Bergna
This sounds like bit of conflict between features.
If users are chatting, it means every message is read by it's receiver - in that case "Notify User only Once" will not take effect, as this will stop sending emails if user has previous unread message.
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2021, 01:52:45 PM »
yes unfortunately the only way to avoid email notifications is to manually disable the function by clicking on the letter icon as an image attached to the post.

I tried both to activate and disable "Notify User only Once" but email notifications always arrive whether ALL messages in chat are read, or NOT all messages are read. It is as if the application did not recognize the messages being read in chat.

So I find myself every email for every message (unread message but also read messages).

As an admin, I know the platform, but a new user may not notice the ability to disable email notifications by clicking on the letter icon.

MB Themes

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2021, 04:08:05 PM »
@Federico Bergna
As already explained, "Notify User only Once" means that if user has unread message, there will not be sent another email for thread, until user gets into website and read the message. In chat, once message is loaded, it is marked as read, so for another message, email is sent.
Will take a look into problem if mails sending can be avoided when messages are loaded in chat.
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2021, 04:23:50 PM »
@MB support team

"Will take a look into problem if mails sending can be avoided when messages are loaded in chat."

Please, try to watch this video that I uploaded to google drive.

I have replicated the problem in this video.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lD66VO8yn_ePf_S9Nhve5nmu_yMtmp4m/view?usp=sharing

MB Themes

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2021, 04:25:30 PM »
Please update to 2.1.3 and test.

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2021, 04:32:37 PM »
Ok I have update. Only updated, not uninstall and reinstall. The problem remains the same. Is it possible that I have to uninstall the plugin instead of updating it?

MB Themes

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2021, 05:24:21 PM »
Reinstallation is not required.
I have checked code again and looks good, will do some testing tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 05:27:24 PM by MB Themes »

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2021, 05:45:17 PM »
thanks, please keep me informed if there are any updates. Good evening

MB Themes

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2021, 09:01:15 AM »
@Federico Bergna
My assumption was wrong, you can have all notifications or none, it is not possible to identify if message send by user A is being received as online chat by user B using acceptable amount of resources.
Solution would require using email batch processing instead of instant delivery, that is not on plan right now.