This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. Press here if you would like to see it.

uchihaboy

• 11 posts
After trying all the credentails from godaddy and the osclass mail server not working as expected, i think i found that godaddy refers to work with smtp relays in the mail script. and there is no way that i can install mod_ssl in godaddy.

So I would like to ask that which hosting company is best for osclass, so that i dont get error.  some links are given below for admin to understand.

https://ubiq.co/tech-blog/enable-mod_ssl-apache/
https://in.godaddy.com/help/send-form-mail-using-an-smtp-relay-server-953

MB Themes

Mod_ssl should not be blocker.
We have tested A2 hosting:
https://www.a2hosting.com/?aid=5ff74858d3bac&bid=000a6faf
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

uchihaboy

• 11 posts
so according to admin a2 hosting is good for osclass? can you confirm and tell me why this problem is being created in godaddy for osclass
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 08:02:33 PM by uchihaboy »

MB Themes

As I mentioned, yet you have not shown problem of godaddy.

This demo runs on a2hosting.
https://osclass-classifieds.a2hosted.com/?aid=5ff74858d3bac&bid=000a6faf
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

uchihaboy

• 11 posts
The issue is,

by default if i dont enter any details in the mail server setting of osclass it works but when someone tries to register in the website they get registered and gets the mail from the default godaddy cpanel email which is totally unprofessional.

Therefore i tried buying the professional mail service and entered proper credentials in mail server setting of osclass but it is not working.

also this Apache Module mod_ssl is not loaded, SMTP authentication may not be functional is something im not able to understand and in godaddy there is no option to change that.

Please help me figure something out.

Wiz

• 138 posts
I am having the exact same issue but with Litespeed Web Server which is what A2Hosting is using for their turbo plans.

The smtp authentication over SSL/TLS is broken in Osclass and none of the "free" mail plugins work (Amazon SES, Mailgun, Mandrill).

@MBThemes - please revisit the mailing feature and fix/update the problematic and outdated modules/scripts.

My setup: Osclass v8.0.2 running on Litespeed 6.0.12 / PHP 8.1

Thank you!

MB Themes

Osclass use PHP Mailer library, question is not much relevant to osclass.

Marked as best answer by frosticek on June 29, 2022, 07:03:24 PM

Wiz

• 138 posts
To anyone experiencing the mod_ssl is not enabled and/or no email sending issue, I figured it out.

First - ignore the message about apache and mod_ssl if you are using Litespeed Web Server and TLS/SSL SMTP (the actual test for whether mod_ssl is active is apache specific) 

Second - remove or disable all "free" mail plugins as none of them work under Osclass 8 / PHP 8.1 (haven't tested other php versions)

Third - configure your mail sending under Mail Settings using your SMTP credentials, save and click "Send test email"

You should now see a message appearing on whether the text was successful or not (I was not seeing that before as clicking the button did nothing)

Mail sending is now working =)

@MBThemes - would still highly appreciate if you could update current or add new mail plugin/s for top mail sending platforms to send via API which is much more preferred for medium to high traffic sites. I'd happily pay for a mail plugin that includes SES, Postmark, SendinBlue and other providers via API (low to high cost).

Cheers

PS. Avoid Mailchimp/Mandrill like the plague - Any provider that automatically suspends new accounts and asks prospect clients to verify their identity by uploading their IDs to a google doc server should be avoided.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 06:15:21 AM by Wiz »

MB Themes

I would just add that modssl message is not error, it is just information ;)