Hugo

• 182 posts
Right settings PHP | Optimization
« on: December 06, 2022, 11:21:07 AM »
Hello @developers-Osclass & @Osclass-experts,

Could someone tell me if I am using the right PHP settings to make sure worldwide everything works & functions 100% (create a super experience)

Please see the attached screenshots.

Sometimes i have the feeling that people try to upload but fail at some places of the world (I am using KEYCDN)

Cheers

www.expeditionmeister.com

MB Themes

Re: Right settings PHP | Optimization
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2022, 02:53:17 PM »
Looks good from my point.
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

Wiz

• 138 posts
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2022, 01:21:43 AM »
As suggested previously, go with Cloudflare if you want a 'super global experience' with better security (and for FREE/entry package).

For additional redundancy and speed - change all remotely served .js/.css from whatever cdn.*****.*** they're loading from to jsdelivr.com (search that site for the specific script used and replace with their url). jsdelivr uses 3 of the top cdn providers Cloudflare, bunny and fastly.

I'd also unload unused modules from php ie. Redis, unless you have access to a redis instance where you can then save your php sessions to ... beats file-based session storage for medium to high-traffic websites.

Rest of values look good.

Cheers

Almost forgot - make sure to have a proper caching strategy in place for your static files (they don't usually change that often unless you're constantly modifying your theme/site.) This is managed by your web server.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 01:24:49 AM by Wiz »

Hugo

• 182 posts
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2023, 08:38:45 PM »
So you would suggest me to switch from Keycdn?

How easy would a transfer be from my current provider to Cloudflare?

Wiz

• 138 posts
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2023, 04:52:54 PM »
Sorry, just noticed your reply and I'm not sure why I'm not getting notifications.

Yes, Cloudflare triumphs keycdn including most CDNs out there. It's a WAF solution as well.

As for migrating -  you'll have to create an account with Cloudflare, point your domain's nameserver to the one's provided by cloudflare and then proxy your traffic through it.

Cloudflare has made it very easy to onboard new users/clients.

Hugo

• 182 posts
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2023, 01:07:59 PM »
Thanks for the reply,

Would you also recommend to move my complete hosting to them?

Wiz

• 138 posts
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2023, 08:27:12 AM »
You can only host and store files, static sites and workers with Cloudflare, they're not a full fledged hosting company.. at least not as of today.

I would recommend finding a good host with good nvme storage for higher iops, memory and CPU speeds of 2.5Ghz and above as PHP is cpu-bound. Consider your primary market and regions, and pick a web host based there then accelerate/protect with Cloudflare. So if in EU, pick NL or DE as they have the best transits and internet exchanges with sub 2ms connectivity to Cloudflare.

MB Themes

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2023, 08:39:41 PM »
Nice its, thanks @Wiz  :)
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

Hugo

• 182 posts
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2023, 10:30:37 AM »
Hi,

One last question;

I changed my nameservers as requested by cloudflare.

However where do i find the CDN service url provided by cloudflare to put into the CDN plugin of osclass? Or is this not neccesary?

see screenshot.

Hugo

• 182 posts
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2023, 12:23:09 PM »
I currently face some problems since i installed Cloudflare; since i changed the name servers the website isn't accessible from the mobile phone.

It says: "too many redirection requests" or "can't load more than 20 redirection requests"

Did anyone had the same problem?

Wiz

• 138 posts
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2023, 08:02:36 PM »
Hi,

One last question;

I changed my nameservers as requested by cloudflare.

However where do i find the CDN service url provided by cloudflare to put into the CDN plugin of osclass? Or is this not neccesary?

see screenshot.

You don’t need to use the CDN plugin with cloudflare unless you’re hosting or storing your front end assets on some other CDN.

Cloudflare is a cdn itself. You can also use Cloudflare R2 to store your user uploaded images using the new S3 plugin.

Hopefully, @MB updates the plugin and adds all user uploaded content including front end files to S3 as new options.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 08:08:55 PM by Wiz »

Wiz

• 138 posts
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2023, 08:08:26 PM »
I currently face some problems since i installed Cloudflare; since i changed the name servers the website isn't accessible from the mobile phone.

It says: "too many redirection requests" or "can't load more than 20 redirection requests"

Did anyone had the same problem?

Shouldn’t happen, something is not correctly configured.

PM me if you need help and we can discuss a suitable rate otherwise you can reach out to @MB.