Daniel Walles

• 48 posts
Google MAPS usage cost
« on: November 10, 2018, 08:20:38 PM »
Hello
I am interested in this plugin but I wonder how much does it cost to use the Google Maps features. (seen that Google MAPS api key is required and for this it needs the billing enabled).

Does the plugin use the Google map ONLY for geolocation purposes (and find the city based on geo-coordinates) and therefore the Google map location map probably it is free?

Thank you.

MB Themes

Re: Google MAPS usage cost
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 09:43:28 PM »
@Daniel
Most of functions are free from google regarding maps and geolocation and their limits for free usage are pretty high, however I think they used to have issues with several people those overloaded their servers for long time so they want to eliminate such misuse.
You would have to have pretty high traffic to start paying to google, however nothing is now "free" from them, you must setup billing profile even for google maps plugin.
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

Daniel Walles

• 48 posts
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 09:49:41 PM »
Thank you.

So, each time a user click on the SHOW MY POSITION during the ad, the request is sent to Google servers and it counts one Geolocation request?

Later edit: seen that it does geolocation requests.
According to Google for Up to 40,000 calls the costs is 5 USD.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 09:56:53 PM by DanielRo »

MB Themes

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 09:58:41 PM »
Yes also each time map is shown does count
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

unntofas

• 1 posts
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 08:47:47 AM »
Hello
I am interested in this plugin but I wonder how much does it cost to use the Google Maps features. (seen that Google MAPS api key is required and for this it needs the billing enabled).

Does the plugin use the Google map ONLY for geolocation purposes (and find the city based on geo-coordinates) and therefore the Google map location map probably it is free?

Thank you.
I agree with this opinion.

Daniel Walles

• 48 posts
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 09:28:17 AM »
One idea is to hide by default the map on the page and show it via JavaScript or whatever when the user click a button or link.

This is used in many ads website as if the maps is hidden by default Google maps is not triggered so you won't pay at each page load.