Own

• 17 posts
Cant Create page - get a error 500
« on: September 07, 2022, 02:17:13 AM »
So i did a fresh install with OSclass on my godaddy account and cpanel. Everything works well with the application however though when i try to create a page it gives me a 500 error page. Can somebody give me some ideas on how to fix it?

My version:8.0.1

MB Themes

Re: Cant Create page - get a error 500
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2022, 07:11:57 AM »
Enable error logging to see details behind that error.
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

Own

• 17 posts
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2022, 01:39:53 PM »
here you go this is the error that i get

Warning: opendir(/home/uorcwydso8d1/public_html/oc-content/themes/modern/): Failed to open directory: No such file or directory in /home/uorcwydso8d1/public_html/oc-includes/osclass/WebThemes.php on line 317

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: readdir(): Argument #1 ($dir_handle) must be of type resource or null, bool given in /home/uorcwydso8d1/public_html/oc-includes/osclass/WebThemes.php:318 Stack trace: #0 /home/uorcwydso8d1/public_html/oc-includes/osclass/WebThemes.php(318): readdir() #1 /home/uorcwydso8d1/public_html/oc-admin/pages.php(119): WebThemes->getAvailableTemplates() #2 /home/uorcwydso8d1/public_html/oc-admin/index.php(131): CAdminPages->doModel() #3 {main} thrown in /home/uorcwydso8d1/public_html/oc-includes/osclass/WebThemes.php on line 318

MB Themes

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2022, 03:09:54 PM »
@own
Looks like you are missing theme or it is not readable?
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

Own

• 17 posts
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2022, 03:49:41 PM »
i doubt that i just recently installed this application from cpanel. am pretty sure its using the default theme. also i have notice there is an error on the Appearance > Theme setting and another error on Market > Theme

Appearance > theme
Error message:"Error loading theme custom file"

Market > Theme
Error:Warning: Undefined array key "" in /home/uorcwydso8d1/public_html/oc-admin/themes/omega/market/themes.php on line 103

MB Themes

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2022, 05:09:38 PM »
If you woukd do fresh installation, you would already have sigma theme as it is default, or am I missing something?
Error can be ignored, was fixed in 8.0.3

Own

• 17 posts
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2022, 05:10:53 PM »
i already did the fresh re-installation and i still got the same error.

MB Themes

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2022, 10:11:42 PM »
It somehow sucks, try different hosting, godaddy is not one I would believe, especially low plans

Own

• 17 posts
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2022, 02:29:51 AM »
i cant do that. i have already spent a good amount of money on domain , hosting and also SSL . am like is their no way i can get any help with this error ?

MB Themes

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2022, 05:00:47 AM »
Try to reupload all osclass files.
It will not impact your installation

mwindey

• 468 posts
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2022, 12:04:41 PM »
@Own

You also don't have an api key filled in your setup.
Register first at https://osclasspoint.com/user/register and get your key. Not that it helps against the errors but makes it easier to download.

Own

• 17 posts
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2022, 04:24:50 PM »
Conclusion: This is the end post of this topic. I have found a solution on how to fix the issue with what i did.I will explain what i was dealing with and what i had to do to fix the issue. Information such as system information and other info will be included

System and other information
Web Host:Godaddy Cpanel
Web plan : Deluxe Hosting
Server information: Linux p3plzcpnl489504.prod.phx3.secureserver.net 2.6.32-954.3.5.lve1.4.82.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Mar 16 17:47:27 UTC 2021 x86_64
Server software version: ()
PHP version: 8.0.22
Memory limit: 512M
Max execution time: 0s
Upload max file size: 32M
Max input vars: 1000
Allow URL Fopen: Enabled
MySQL version: 5.7.38-cll-lve

What issue i was facing !
1) i could not create a page. every time i did it would give me a error 500.
2) i could not choose a theme all i could see was a error message.

What i tried to do to fix the issue and failed
1) updated the oslcass from 8.0.1 to 8.02 and it failed.
2) used the cpanel osclass to re-install the osclass and failed
3) i went too permalinks to "Enable friendly urls" and made sure that the htaccess file was the suppose to look like the way how it was suppose too
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>
4)re-installed PHPmyAdmin failed
5)re-installed MySQL Failed

What i think the issue is:
I think the Cpanel installer for osclass is bugged out and needs to be fixed. Osclass should contact godaddy/cpanel to update the installer to the latest version or change to an installer that works.

How i fixed that issue.
rather than use the cpanel installer i went to osclass website and installed it with the osclass file and not from the osclass from cpanel.the installation was alot different than cpanel as cpanel fills out the information for you but the osclass installer from osclass website did the job.i did try to update the cpanel osclass by replacing it with the oslcass file that i have gotten from osclass website but the error still did not go away.sadly you would have to start all over from black with a working osclass website.

this is the end of my report . i hope it helps for future users.

MB Themes

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2022, 08:06:06 AM »
@Own
That is quite common that pre-installed versions does not work ideally.
Always best to install manually.

hepi

• 16 posts
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2022, 11:01:06 AM »
@Own
That is quite common that pre-installed versions does not work ideally.
Always best to install manually.

yeah you are correct Always best to install manually  8)

MB Themes

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2022, 11:44:04 AM »
Yes, especially co fusi g are problems with incorrectly set permissions, adding empty folders or just error while extracting one file.