• 30 posts
Re: Listing image is not cropped on mobile
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2021, 08:57:16 AM »
Is there any way I can fix this?

MB Themes

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2021, 11:11:48 AM »
@sebastian
I was not able to test this yet as working on something different, but it may be bug also with fineuploader library, anyway may be hard to debug and fix problem.
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

sebastian

• 30 posts
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2021, 11:39:29 AM »
I know you have many request from all users and it is hard to fix them all in a short notice. Thanks for taking your time to reply.
I am trying myself to find a fix via CSS.
Please keep in mind this bug, maybe you will have time in the future to find a fix, because it's kinda important. The most common behaviour of posting a listing is this:

1. take photo first
2. go to site and add new listing
3. insert photo from step 1 to the listing

and it will cause the visual disalignment in site because of the bug

MB Themes

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2021, 12:18:22 PM »
I do not think it has something to do with css, it is rendering issue probably
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

sebastian

• 30 posts
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2021, 12:29:05 PM »
I know it's not CSS problem, but to find a temporary fix, CSS is my only option :)

Also it's strange that same picture taking "instantly" when adding listing have no problem but uploading a picture from phone have problem. Very weird

sebastian

• 30 posts
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2021, 10:35:52 AM »
I played around with the images to find more details about the Bug. Here is what I found:

- any picture taken with phone VERTICALLY (keep original image - unaltered) and then added to a listing, the image is not cropped and will display larger then the rest

- if you open the original image in Windows and you rotate it and just close the image (no save), then re-upload to the listing, it will display ok (no bug)

- if you take the picture instantly with phone when adding the listing, it will display ok (no bug)

- if original image (the vertical one) is resized in mb by any tool (email, social media, etc), it will display ok (no bug)

See attachment (instant picture vs previously taken picture). This will generate larger thumbnail, preview and normal image

I hope this info helps you in finding the solution of bug

MB Themes

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2021, 12:23:45 PM »
@sebastian
I would say that images (on your screenshot) were both cropped, but:
- first image has proper orientation and size 640x480
- second image has incorrect orientation, is rotated and has size 480x640 (instead of 640x480).

Good questions are:
- if image has always size 640x480 px  (based on media settings). If yes, should be much simpler to fix
- if same problem can be observed using GD library as well as ImageMagick. Not sure if GD will be able to manage such large images.

sebastian

• 30 posts
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2021, 01:08:33 PM »
Question 1 - in media settings (see attachment)
Question 2 - gd library only support 2mb pictures and as I said, if the image is resized from X mb to 2mb, it works with ImageMagick (no bug)

sebastian

• 30 posts
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2021, 07:33:27 PM »
Some more useful info about the bug:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/32430121/how-to-resize-without-rotation-with-imagemagick

https://legacy.imagemagick.org/discourse-server/viewtopic.php?t=33900

There is something about image rotation after uploaded. If phone image is vertically, it will be rotated on upload
Thumbnail, preview and normal will display larger as i said before
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 07:51:24 PM by sebastian »

MB Themes

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2021, 08:30:22 PM »
I remember rotating was disabled or something with rotation was made, as it was not reliable.
Not having too much time for it now but have it on list so please be patient :)

sebastian

• 30 posts
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2021, 01:24:31 PM »
Any updates on this issue?