bobyrou

• 107 posts
Login with API
« on: September 17, 2020, 02:39:39 PM »
How to call API to Login with username and password? or to check if user's login details are correct when user tries to login? I looked on Rest API plugin and I can't find anywhere anything about. Any help is much appreciated!

MB Themes

Re: Login with API
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 03:31:26 PM »
@bobyrou
Login is action where session for user is stored in browser.
This is irrelevant when getting data from database from outside application, as there is no browser used on site and it does not make quite sense.
You cannot login trough API and act like logged in user in i.e. android app. Login must be made in that app directly.
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

bobyrou

• 107 posts
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 04:35:51 PM »
@bobyrou
This is irrelevant when getting data from database from outside application, as there is no browser used on site and it does not make quite sense.
You cannot login trough API and act like logged in user in i.e. android app. Login must be made in that app directly.

Then how can I let users to Login on the app? I have an api to register which works fine but I don't have an api to login.

MB Themes

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 05:10:01 PM »
Login is about session, cannot be solved via api.
You must use proper solution in app program.
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

Smithtech

• 219 posts
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2023, 07:48:02 PM »
@bobyrou

Then how can I let users to Login on the app? I have an api to register which works fine but I don't have an api to login.

@bobyrou, please, can you share the API to register? Facing issue with Passwords do not match.

.....Did you ever get your login working. I also checked plugin but there is no mention of login in the entire API documentation. If we are able to call login, the rest can be managed in app state and other elements.

Will appreciate if you can assist with your solution

Smithtech

• 219 posts
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2023, 07:49:54 PM »
@bobyrou

I think this answer is a bit different from the question asked. can you please specify the API call to LOGIN users? It is not mentioned in the documentation. We at least see ADD A NEW USER

MB Themes

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2023, 03:24:24 PM »
@bobyrou

I think this answer is a bit different from the question asked. can you please specify the API call to LOGIN users? It is not mentioned in the documentation. We at least see ADD A NEW USER

No, login is made by application.