Juniper2020

• 2 posts
Is spam plugin any good?
« on: December 02, 2020, 02:28:53 AM »
I was using an old version of osclass. I switched to the osclasspoint version. I am at the highest security level for the recaptcha and still get an enormous amount of spam. Like, 20 per hour or more spams are getting through. I used to get 5 per day with the old osclass and also, using recaptcha and also, at a lower level of security. What the heck is going on? Askismet is way too expensive for us as we sell a few ads, but not enough to pay the annual cost of askismet. So is the osclasspoint plugin worth it? This is crazy.

Juniper2020

• 2 posts
Re: Is spam plugin any good?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 05:51:53 AM »
I have another question: Why does osclass attract so much spam? I fired up a new install and within a couple of hours had over 100 spam registration attempts and five got through the entire process without being approved. I tried different searches for "free classified ads" and different ideas and never got one hit on either google or bing for my site.

MB Themes

Re: Is spam plugin any good?
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 07:12:11 AM »
Osclass is standardized cms and hence, opportunity for  spammers.
Plugin usually works for me perfectly, lately tested on one subdomain that was getting 2000 spam registrations daily
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots