Smithtech

• 219 posts
URGENT: YOUR CURRENT IP IS NOT ALLOWED
« on: July 02, 2021, 04:45:46 PM »
Please, users are unable to login and post ads now. The error is: Your current IP is not allowed
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 04:54:00 PM by support »

MB Themes

Re: URGENT: YOUR CURRENT IP IS NOT ALLOWED
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2021, 09:21:06 PM »
Check oc-admin > Users > Ban rules
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

mocody

• 139 posts
  • Only Marketing matters
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2021, 10:13:19 AM »
@mb themes
why this is happening, to the normal emails. like mine and yours

MB Themes

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2021, 11:21:56 AM »
@mocody
Go to oc-admin > Users > Ban rules.
Ban reason is written here.
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

Smithtech

• 219 posts
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2022, 12:29:02 PM »
Please,
Is it possible to disable ban rules completely and maybe do it if you want manually?
The system keeps blocking legitimate users from posting and registering (Your IP address is not allowed) error. Meanwhile at the same time bots can register if you don't have any Antispam plugin enabled.

We have users who want to post and continually report the issue. If you delete the ban rule today, tomorrow they are banned again. Please, this doesn't show any good user experience.

Is there a way to disable ban rules at my own risk and rather use the bolt protection blugin or any other?
Whatever the case, I want to disable ban rules

Luka93

• 55 posts
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2022, 01:09:58 PM »
It would be great if we could whitelist user email or IP address :)

I have the same issues..

Regards!

MB Themes

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2022, 02:09:47 PM »
Each ban rule has also reason in its name. Do you know what is reason?
Whitelisting does not make sense to me as that is not what you want to do every day.
Better solution would have additional settings.

Smithtech

• 219 posts
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2022, 02:57:51 PM »
Have been facing this issue since.
The reason is mostly IP as we asked a user to share their IP. When you remove the ban rule with the IP range the user is able to post.

As mentioned earlier, ban rule just seems useless most of the times. Bots are able to register meanwhile legitimate users are unable to register or post ads at times. It doesn't make any sense.

I have tested these things thoroughly. I have your both protection plugin and other ones. They prevent bots. This ban rule doesn't seem to prevent any bot as they register in almost seconds or minutes if you don't have any bot protection plugin enabled.

It is fine but what hurts is that it is banning legitimate users which isn't good at all. How do we get sellers and monetize site if we they are being blocked to post ads like that?

Please, is there no way to disable ban rules?

I want to disable at my own risk please

Luka93

• 55 posts
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2022, 06:29:53 PM »
Each ban rule has also reason in its name. Do you know what is reason?
Whitelisting does not make sense to me as that is not what you want to do every day.
Better solution would have additional settings.

I have many users with ban reason "User registration / stopforumspam.com : IP address". And they are blocked just because they had access to my website through company wifi which is flagged in that database or similar. Ofcourse after request I delete ban rule, but it is quite awkward when they have to ask me again with the same request two days later :)

Luka93

• 55 posts
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2022, 06:32:32 PM »
Many users also have their email falsely flagged in stopforumspam database. Only white listing would solve blocking them at my website.

MB Themes

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2022, 10:00:34 PM »
We plan to add in future also treshold when email is marked... Stopforumspam has also information about how sure this user is spammer (one can have 70%, abother one 99.5%)

Smithtech

• 219 posts
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2022, 12:05:56 AM »
So, no way to disable BAN RULES?

MB Themes

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2022, 10:02:19 AM »
Just disable features those generates ban rules, it is same.

Smithtech

• 219 posts
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2022, 05:18:19 PM »
Please, I do not quite understand those features that generate ban rules. Could you please specify or give an example as we see limited settings in BAN RULES section

Smithtech

• 219 posts
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2022, 11:30:56 AM »
Hi Teams,

Please, is there still no way to DISABLE BAN RULES? It is causing more harm than good. Users are even giving bad rating that the system will not allow them to create an account so they uninstalled and give 1 star

Please, WE WANT TO DISABLE BAN RULES AT OUR OWN RISK