This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. Press here if you would like to see it.

Tango

• 214 posts
Show IP Suggestion
« on: May 25, 2019, 03:46:03 PM »
To prevent spam ratings from users that create multiple accounts just to rate themselves, I suggest showing the IP of the rating owner like in the attached image.
It will help a lot when validating the ratings.

Thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 04:09:41 PM by Tango »

MB Themes

Re: Show IP Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 10:19:48 PM »
Thanks for feedback, will check that
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

Tango

• 214 posts
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 12:31:56 AM »
Hello,

Any news on this, as it shouldn't be so hard to implement and it would be an amazing feature for popular websites that have many users?

Thanks!

MB Themes

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 09:18:14 AM »
@Tango
Well problem is if user change IP
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

Tango

• 214 posts
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 09:33:09 PM »
@Tango
Well problem is if user change IP
This isn't a major issue, as most users won't go to the trouble of creating a new email/account, restarting their router and waiting a few minutes to reconnect, just to rate themselves. It's just too much of a hassle.
Most of them will have 3-4 different email addresses, so they will create a bunch of accounts and rate.

So checking the IP would add another layer of authenticity to the ratings.

Thanks!

Tango

• 214 posts
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2020, 02:18:42 PM »
Hello Michal,

I'm trying to get and return the IP of the user that left the rating and I'm so stuck...
Is there any way of getting the IP without storing it first in the plugin t_user_rating_ur table?

If I just try to get the IP using $user['s_access_ip'] it always returns my IP...

I guess that I first have to pull the user ID, then return the IP, but I don't know how to do it.

Any ideas?

Again, this is an important feature for preventing fake ratings form the same person using multiple accounts.

Thanks!

MB Themes

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2021, 08:52:12 PM »
@Tango
Access IP of visitor (logged) is stored in user table in column s_access_ip, so your procedure is proper, just make sure $user is the right user you are looking for.

Marked as best answer by frosticek on January 04, 2021, 12:12:54 PM

Tango

• 214 posts
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2021, 09:29:27 PM »
Got it to work with:
Code: [Select]
$user_title .= __('IP', 'user_rating') . ': ' . $from_user['s_access_ip'];
Thanks for the help!