This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. Press here if you would like to see it.

ColdFusion

• 72 posts
Condition and Transaction fields
« on: May 30, 2017, 10:10:09 AM »
Hi,

I know this has been asked before, but I think it didn't catch the right attention.
This fields are currently not required when creating a listing, which results in items having neutral condition and transaction type, which results on search issues. Any transaction and Any condition are both not item specific conditions, they are search conditions, and you should not be able to select either of them as valid while creating a listing. For example item is either used or new, not Any?! This results in these items being filtered on search only, if Any is chosen, and they wouldn't appear otherwise.

I believe this should be fixed in the theme and properly addressed. Would be great if you can provide the exact steps needed to fix this in the meantime.

Thank you
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 04:16:54 PM by ColdFusion »

MB Themes

Re: Condition and Transaction fields
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 10:20:45 AM »
@ColdFusion
You can simply change naming via translation files.
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

ColdFusion

• 72 posts
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 10:53:39 AM »
Ahh, I wasn't talking about names, but incorrect interpretation of the fields.  You should not be able to list an item condition as Any condition - this is not a real item condition!  Have you tried listing on eBay for example?

Could you please read this again.
Thanks

MB Themes

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 11:01:37 AM »
@ColdFusion
Osclass is not ebay. Not sure why condition filtering should be required. What if I am looking for old and news? then I want to choose any condition. What it transaction does not matter? Then I choose any transaction.
We have delivered all theme files to you so if you wish you can modify these in way you like.
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

ColdFusion

• 72 posts
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 11:52:40 AM »
@ frosticek

There is obviously a misunderstanding setting the function of those fields, I'll try to explain again more clearly.

Lets take an example with condition field, same applies to transaction.

1. When you list an item, you set its condition as New, Used, Broken or whatever. The dropdown menu should say Select Condition and you select one of the valid conditions. Currently, you can select Any condition as condition - same as if it was possible to select Select condition as such.
For example, you list your TV for sale - it could be New, Used, but can you say your TV is Any condition? What does a TV in Any condition looks like  ;D

2. When you search - yes you can select Any condition as valid Search criteria, which would would include all valid conditions, available for selection while listing - New, Used, Broken or whatever, if you wanted to view all of them.

I hope this makes it clearer. I know I have all files, but I hope you now see why the theme actually doesn't work properly at the moment and needs a fix.

ColdFusion

• 72 posts
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 02:24:07 PM »
Guys, please help me out here explaining the issue, as I obviously didn't do it properly. Could anyone get what I'm trying to explain about the difference between Search criteria and Item condition?

ColdFusion

• 72 posts
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 04:25:54 PM »
@ frosticek

I managed to make the fields required, but I'll need some help to properly fix this bug. I need to remove Any Transaction and Any condition from the dropdown menus in Item Listing, leaving the placeholder text as default and properly mark them in red as required fields when they are not filled.

That actually reminds me: Location and mobile are not marked as required in the dialog with *

Thanks

Nijam Utheen

• 28 posts
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 03:23:23 AM »
please tell me! how to hide Condition and Transaction fields when Listing particular category like personal category ?

ColdFusion

• 72 posts
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2017, 01:33:57 PM »
Those fields have wrong interpretation in code and are currently useless, as you can set the condition of your item as 'Any condition' - you can disable them in settings...

MB Themes

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2017, 04:24:36 PM »
We do not want to push anyone to fill it
 Customer really wanting to sell something will use those... setting it as required is not right way.

ColdFusion

• 72 posts
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2017, 10:05:13 PM »
@frosticek

The way you currently made it work, if you want to use it at all, it will default to Any condition and Any transaction if it hasn't been specifies by the user, and as there is no such condition or transaction as 'Any', such listings will only appear if you set search params on Any, they won't show up on New or Used - this logic is just wrong, it's same as being able to post an item as located in Any city - where is that?  ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2022, 08:09:27 AM »
Hi,

Thanks in Advance,

Can you please tell me how to change condition value name (or Rename condition value.)

like I want change Old to Used. Is this is possible to change.

I am not able to find any file where i can change..

Please help me ..

thanks.

Marked as best answer by frosticek on March 05, 2022, 06:53:16 AM

MB Themes

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2022, 02:45:41 PM »
@Sanjay
Can be found in functions.php of theme (there is function with list of condition, transaction, period... options).

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2022, 04:46:00 AM »
thanks for your help..  :)

MB Themes

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2022, 06:53:27 AM »
Welcome  ;)