bemtele

• 97 posts
No Download or Purchase Button
« on: July 16, 2022, 12:57:20 PM »
Download or Purchase Button not appearing on the item page. At first I thought the problem has to do with my website but I have tested your demo site and it is not working as well. I have uploaded an ad with the virtual product and approved it at the plugin admin page but the download or purchase button is not showing on the frontend. It only shows when you login as the seller of the item

bemtele

• 97 posts
Re: No Download or Purchase Button
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2022, 12:56:07 AM »
Download or Purchase Button not appearing on the item page. At first I thought the problem has to do with my website but I have tested your demo site and it is not working as well. I have uploaded an ad with the virtual product and approved it at the plugin admin page but the download or purchase button is not showing on the frontend. It only shows when you login as the seller of the item

Ok, so I have been able to fix the issue above. Now the problem is that the seller is not notified about the item purchase. How is the seller going to know when his/her item has been purchased.

MB Themes

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2022, 05:03:41 PM »
You need to put add to card button on item page, then list of downloads is in user account.
Notification email is probably not part of plugin, need to check
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

bemtele

• 97 posts
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2022, 11:42:12 AM »
You need to put add to card button on item page, then list of downloads is in user account.

Thank you but I have already done it so the download is working. Now my problem is that:
1. No notification is sent to the seller after a purchase is made. This is making it difficult for sellers to know if a copy of their product has been bought. This is very necessary.

2. Also when you download the item, the incremental download counter is 2x. For instance, if you download the item and the number of download was say 2x, after downloading and refreshing the page you will see 4x. But this is not an issue so far as the seller is notified that his/her item has been bought.

3. The download button is too old fashion. Attached below. It will be great if a little style is added to the download button. Thank you.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 11:44:08 AM by bemtele »

MB Themes

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2022, 11:59:10 AM »
@bemtele
Notification feature is not available. Purchase is completed by user so notification is just nice to have feature. It does not happen on background.
Button is not styled at all, it kept on imagination to design it for your needs.
Double counting sounds weird, best would be to reproduce such issue on demo site that would help to resolve issue quickly.
  To get fast support, we need following details: Detail description, URL to reproduce problem, Screenshots

bemtele

• 97 posts
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2022, 04:03:26 PM »
@bemtele
Notification feature is not available. Purchase is completed by user so notification is just nice to have feature. It does not happen on background.
Button is not styled at all, it kept on imagination to design it for your needs.
Double counting sounds weird, best would be to reproduce such issue on demo site that would help to resolve issue quickly.

You said "Purchase is completed by user so notification is just nice to have feature".

In fact, notification to the seller is a must and the most important feature. This is found in any online selling platform. This is how the seller will know someone has bought an item.

MB Themes

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2022, 04:16:24 PM »
@bemtele
What would change if seller receive or does not receive notification about sale on virtual product?

Tango

• 214 posts
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2022, 08:01:56 PM »
@bemtele
What would change if seller receive or does not receive notification about sale on virtual product?
An email notification regarding the sale is extremely important, as in most of the developed world, the seller needs to also send an invoice to the customer.

Also, the vendor might sell his stuff on other platforms/marketplaces, so it's hard to keep track of every sale when you're not receiving a confirmation email.

This issue is actually related to the Pay Plugin (which should be in charge of sending emails), and works hand-in-hand with my other suggestion: https://forums.osclasspoint.com/osclass-pay-plugin/new-order-alert/

bemtele

• 97 posts
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2022, 11:51:30 PM »
@bemtele

Yes, a lot will change boss. You see in normal classified, buyers will just call or send instant messages to sellers (advertisers) regarding their products and negotiation start and possibly purchase (which is done in person and outside the website). In this case (virtual downloads), the seller posts the ad hoping that a buyer will call or someone will buy it but here the buyer is just buying directly from the platform using osclass pay. After payment, the money goes to the site owner's account without the seller knowing whether a purchase has been made or not. Note that, not every seller will be coming to site all time to see whether the item has been downloaded or not. So without getting notification that his/her item has been bought will give enough room for the site owner to cheat sellers. Because the seller will not receive a notification which will allow them to request payout from the site owner.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 11:57:28 PM by bemtele »

MB Themes

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2022, 08:58:37 AM »
@bemtele
You are describing your business case, but that does not mean it should be part of plugin

bemtele

• 97 posts
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2022, 10:36:11 AM »
@bemtele
You are describing your business case, but that does not mean it should be part of plugin

This is not my business case but rather a general one. Go to ThemeForest, Codecanyon and all the sites that sell digital products. As a seller, you get an Email notification when someone purchases your product. or are you saying you guys don't receive a notification when someone buys a theme or plugin at Osclasspoint?

This is a fundamental feature and of course an important one. I would not have bought the plugin if I knew sellers won't get Email notifications or any notification at all when a product is purchased. Because without it, how will sellers know when their product has been bought?

Even the buyer who just buys and downloads the product gets an Email, how much more is the seller of the product.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 10:42:46 AM by bemtele »

MB Themes

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2022, 10:39:34 AM »
@bemtele
We are not using any plugin, it is everything custom coded based on business needs.
Virtual products plugin allows to upload attachments and in connection with Osclass Pay allows to "sell" these attachments. Why would virtual products send something, if sales are not handled by this plugin at all?

"If I knew..."
https://osclasspoint.com/osclass-plugins/payments-and-shopping/virtual-products-plugin-i83

Email notifications
- Notify admin when new file is uploaded (when validation is required)
- Notify user when file is approved or rejected

You can see list of plugin notifications those plugin covers.

bemtele

• 97 posts
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2022, 11:48:08 PM »
@bemtele
We are not using any plugin, it is everything custom coded based on business needs.
Virtual products plugin allows to upload attachments and in connection with Osclass Pay allows to "sell" these attachments. Why would virtual products send something, if sales are not handled by this plugin at all?

"If I knew..."
https://osclasspoint.com/osclass-plugins/payments-and-shopping/virtual-products-plugin-i83

Email notifications
- Notify admin when new file is uploaded (when validation is required)
- Notify user when file is approved or rejected

You can see list of plugin notifications those plugin covers.

Please respectfully, can I get a refund or perhaps swap this plugin with any other one of my choice?
I think the issue has to do with Osclass pay (where it allows buyers to purchase and download items without informing the seller) In fact, I can't build digital products classified platform where sellers will not know when their item has been bought.

Thank you.

mickey

• 8 posts
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2023, 06:33:16 AM »
Pls how did u fix the no download button for paid download not showing

MB Themes

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2023, 08:23:23 PM »
@mickey
1) you have "Add to cart" button on item page
2) downloads are available in user area.